- Zachery Harris
- 6’ 1
- 220 lbs
- 2019 draft/ SR
- Projected 40: 4.50
- Projected Round: 7- UDFA
- Hometown: New Orleans, LA
Stats & Career Highlights
- Already has 33 tackles 3 TFL, 1 sack & a FR
- Started all 5 games thus far in 2018
- 8 tackles & a sack vs Nich
- 9 tackles @ UAB
- 8 tackles vs Wake
- Started 10 played in all 12 games for the Green Wave
- 69 tackles 44 solo, 21 ast & 3 TFL
- 9 tackles & 1 TFL vs Navy 9/9/17
- 14 tackles vs Army 9/23/17
- Had 8 tackles @ FIU 10/14/17
- 10 tackles & a QB hurry @ ECU 11/11/17
- Was 2017-2018 All Academic Club for the American Athletic Conference
- Member of Tulane’s 3.0 club 2017-18
- Played in 9games with 7 starts for Tulane
- Total 45 tackles,24 solo, 21 ast & 4.5 TFL
- 10 tackles 1 TFL vs Houston on 11/12/16
- 9 tackles vs Temple 11/19/16
- 8 tackles vs UMass 10/1/16
Career : 165 tackles, 12 TFL, 1 sack & a Fumble recovery
Draft Diamond Report
Showing improvement as a SR has quick get off & good vision to diagnose plays.
Has the makeup with movement skills paired with the knowledge & vision to be a inside backer at a pro level. Plays with a tenacious intensity moves almost like a safety tough but also quick footed with good tork.
Consistency is a key attribute to what Harris beings to the table. Work ethic a true leader on & off the field with his academic achievements as well as being a team leader.
Looks fluid in pass coverage shifty hips movement make his a every down type player. Patient in coverage reads the QB’s eyes then attacks or drops effortlessly into coverage. Keeps opposing players in front of him with rapid closing speed strong tackling ability. Gets off blocks using speed & vision not likely to be faked out. Ideally a MLB but could and has played weak side or strong if need be. Able to read offenses & make necessary adjustments on pass & run plays. Takes good angles to both the RB or QB depending on play call.
Would be an instant star on ST with his size & above average tackling ability. Well rounded 3 down linebacker with fantastic vision shadowing TE’s or slot wide outs also good at sniffing out run plays making the tackle on the RB . A sure tackler intelligent player that understands O concepts & has the patience to read & react which makes him a prime candidate for an inside backer roll on any level.
Player to keep an eye on as he is on pace for his most productive season thus far. Sure i will be revisiting this prospect come draft time next spring.
Sources: Tulane Football & Sports Reference