NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Roderick Chapman, DB, Missouri S&T
- Roderick Chapman
- Missouri S&T (Missouri University of Science & Technology)
- Twitter: @mackchapman780
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 GLVC All-Conference First Team.
- 31 Total Tackles – 5 INTs.
What is your name?
- Roderick Chapman.
Where do you play College Football?
- Missouri S&T (Missouri University of Science & Technology).
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’8″ 180lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Football, Basketball and ran Track.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Migos, Meek Mill and Nipsey Hussle.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Eating Twizzlers and drinking pickle juice before every game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my uncle Jesse Davis he got me where I am today at DB he taught me everything I know. He always told me not to think so much on the field and you got to have short memory playing DB.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Criminal Justice and my least was child development.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Having my Son, Roderick Chapman III.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Green Bay Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. I had two favorite player because they were the leaders of the team and a game changer every game they were like brother on the field and wouldn’t let anything stop them playing football.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could be in any movie it will be The Longest Yard and the character I would play
is Nelly (Megget).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Father (deceased).
- Patrick Peterson.
- Ray Lewis.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash he is fast and he protects his own without trying to harming people.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Being consistent and having a great work ethic
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- It takes time and patience to get where I want to be.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To make better choices and have more goals.
Why do you wear #7?
- I wear #7 because that’s where everything started from the Demos. The #7 been my favorite number since i was a kid playing for the Demos.
What is the best part of your hometown, Los Angeles, CA?
- The eastside of Los Angeles where I’m from that’s where I got all my talent at playing football with my cousin and friends on the street and playing for the Demos most of my life.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I got a PS4 and a Xbox One and I’m playing Madden.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Graduating junior college and getting a offer to Missouri S&T and watching my son in the stands watching me play football.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Make sure my son has a better future that I had and more opportunity to go to college.
- Have my Father to still be alive so he can watch me play football and have meet his grand-kids.
- Make sure my family and the people that been by my side to stop struggling.
What is your hidden talent?
- My hidden talent is cooking.
If there is a book written about Roderick Chapman, what is the title?
- “My Life.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- The three things on my bucket list. To get good grade, to graduate college at Missouri S&T and have a great football season so I can get drafted.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Yes I’ve been watching The Flash, Carter High, My All-American and The Waterboy.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- To study and work on things. I’ve got to get better on the field.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady just to say I had picked off one of the great QBs.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Missouri S&T football team?
- The goals for 2018 for me to get good grades and be the first Missouri S&T football team to win the championship with my brothers.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Roderick Chapman, what would they be?