- Name: Rickym Holmes
- Height: 6’8
- Weight: 280
- Position: Defensive End, 5 and 6 technique
- College: Benedict College
- Twitter: Lord_los18
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born in Staten Island, NY and moved to Baltimore, Maryland as a teen. So most of my memories are chill times with family and friends growing up in Baltimore.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I believe strength and conditioning first because you need to be at your best physically before you can even perform, then practice and following film study. However, every phase is important.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about having a chance to make the league. I’ve been through so much and even as a late bloomer to this sport. I’ve gotten better every year and I’m not even near my potential physically or mentally. I honestly believe that. It would be huge in so many ways for me and my family to have that opportunity.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at making all conference last year when my team finished tied first in my conference for the best record and we had the best rushing defense as well. I honestly thought I would have been highly considered but my goal was for us to win conference but we fell an overtime game short. I watched a lot of film and tried to improve my game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My honesty and how I always carry myself the same. I’m never too high or too low.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- To be honest, I can’t name anyone notable but I can say I played with Tyreek Hill at a JUCO in Kansas called Garden City in 2013. I was an offensive linemen then.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would most certainly have played basketball. I love that sport as well.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would choose my family member because most likely I would have more of an affection and love for my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would more than likely be Will Smith. He was always a cool dope dude to me, never too high or tow low.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- When I went home for a year and attended a community college and had no idea what my next move would be and then Benedict College happened.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment is losing my tooth playing basketball. It’s still missing.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Blocking the game winning field goal at my homecoming in 2016 against Morehouse.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Dollar and a Dream by J Cole
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My length. I’ve been told by many offensive lineman in my conference I play against that’s once I get my hands inside I’m possible to block.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- It would most likely be my Great Grandma Clara. Because I here so much about who she was but never got a chance to meet her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I would name it “Stride”
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I would have to say Joe Flacco.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. That’s something that’s invaluable.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to say Colin Kaepernick because he didn’t do anything offensive to anyone. He had every right to act on how he felt.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to Win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The biggest influence on my life is my parents. And second is definitely my friends back at home and teammates.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Camilo Eifler, LB, Illinois | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview | Draft Diamonds Exclusive… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaiah Hayes, S, University of Louisville nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/isaiah… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 28 mins ago
- Rams DT Aaron Donald Facing Assault Charges For Alleged Attack nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5UiM7UN6EV
about 42 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 14, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Florida TE Kyle Pitts | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/kyle-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5MDYAB3pyb
about 1 hour ago