NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jimmie Pace Jr., DE/LB, Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Jimmie Pace Jr.
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Twitter: @__JP13
- 42 Total Tackles – 5.0 TFL – 2.5 Sacks – 2 FF.
What is your name?
- Jimmie Pace Jr.
Where do you play College Football?
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
What position do you play?
- Defensive End/Linebacker.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 235lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Wrestling and basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Sam Hardy (OL – Sam Houston State University).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Meek Mill.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Run to the end zone, get on one knee and give God all the glory and the praise for letting me play the game I love at a high level.
Who is your role model & why?
- Khalil Mack because of the type of leader he is on and off the field.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Intro to Criminal Justice is my favorite and Business Finance is my least favorite.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Giving back seeing the smile you can put on people’s faces.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Baltimore Ravens because I’m big on defense and they always had that tough smash mouth defense. Ray Lewis because he’s everything I want to be when I make it to the NFL
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Fast in the Furious & Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Grandma.
- LeBron James.
- Von Miller.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King because of the impact he had on the world.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman because no matter what’s the obstacle he always save the day.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Giving it everything you got until its nothing left in the tank.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That being a leader is more than just being vocal its leading by example.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Hard work pays off.
Why do you wear #13?
- My mom.
What is the best part of your hometown, Miami, FL?
- The Beach.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron because he’s the best to ever do and he makes his teammates better.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4 Madden 18.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being in the atmosphere where all your peers are cheering you on.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To be 6’5″.
- Bring my grandma back.
- Watch and protect over my parents long enough to see me play in the NFL.
What is your hidden talent?
- Strength and flexibility.
If there is a book written about Jimmie Pace, what is the title?
- “Humble Beast.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play in the NFL.
- Sky Diving.
- Go to every State.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Friday Night Tykes.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Hit the gym. I’m a freak when it comes to working out.
If you could sack any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Cam Newton because he the most physical and best running QB of my time.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Northwestern Oklahoma State football team?
- All-American nothing less than that and to bring a championship to the city of Alva, OK.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jimmie Pace, what would they be?