NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Hayden Bauserman
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 225
• Position: Quarterback
• College: Shenandoah University
• Twitter: @HBBauserman
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Woodstock, VA. The thing I love the most about Woodstock is the small town atmosphere where you know everyone
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- First, film study. Second, Practice. Third, Strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not making an impact on those around me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My freshman season I struggled with turnovers and didn’t have a great year, so I pushed myself to be in better shape, to be stronger, and to have more determination in film study leading to my sophomore season
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My passion for the game
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Max Garrett from Washington and Lee
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Working in water quality or stream restoration or becoming a college coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because family is everything to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- William Wallace from Braveheart. He was a great leader, loved his family, and fought for what he believed in.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I transferred my freshman year to Shenandoah, and when I left my previous school I felt like a failure, like I had let everyone down. Soon I realized that life is what you make of it and that I loved football too much to sulk about what had happened so I just worked to be the best I could be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Probably anytime I have ever had to attempt a tackle.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Throwing my 100th career touchdown
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Put On by Young Jeezy (little throwback) because nobody where I’m from has really made it to the next level so I really try to work as hard as I can to make it so that kids that are younger than me can see it’s possible and all the people who have helped me get this far will see it was worth it.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Film study and preparation. Obviously there are a lot of physical traits that go into being a professional player but if you look at the great quarterbacks like Manning, Brady, and Brees, it’s there unbelievable preparation each and every week that separates them.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather, so he could see where I’m at today.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Boogie Nights
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Blake Bortles
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because respect is such a huge thing to me and to our society.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Maurice Clarett because he could have been so good and just didn’t do the right things
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents because they worked so hard to provide me with the upbringing I’ve had and continue to support me and push me to be my best.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Patrick Mahomes Signs Historic Deal with Oakley ift.tt/2UJocb7
about 18 mins ago via IFTTT
- Video of Chad Kelly Being Chased Out of Denver Area Home Surfaced ift.tt/2CxlhuX
about 18 mins ago via IFTTT
- Malik Clements of @GoBearcatsFB @GoBEARCATS Recently Interviewed with our owner @DamondTalbot of @DraftDiamonds twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 22 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Saif Khan, DL, Clarion University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/03/saif-k… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bQVrqEdJtd
about 25 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Malik Clements, S, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/03/malik-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro