NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Cole Tracy
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 190
- Position: Place Kicker
- College: LSU (Assumption College)
- Twitter: @cole__tracy
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Camarillo, CA. The town is about 40 miles north of Los Angeles (hour drive). The thing that you can’t beat about my hometown is the weather.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- To be honest, I place all of these on the same level of importance. As a kicker, you need to succeed in all three of these categories. If I had to put them in order. I would imagine that I would select, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice. Being able to anazine what you are doing well or incorrectly in very valuable to a kicker. You must be willing to put the time in to keep your body in the best physical shape that you can (this means spending time in the training room, staying healthy). Lastly, you must be able to apply what you have seen on film, to the practice field.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I’m not really one to worry a whole lot. I have a very calm personality.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I think my teammates would say that my ability to stay calm in serious situations is my best quality. Players on my team were quoted saying that I was laughing and having a good time on the sideline as we drove down the field to kick the game winning field goal at Auburn.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- After football, I would like to own my own company.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My grandfather passed away a few years ago and that really took a toll on me. I have used him to inspire me in my football career.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I have been fortunate to have a few memorable plays in my career. My top three would include; hitting a game winning field goal at Auburn in my first SEC football game, going 4 for 4 in my first game as an LSU Tiger in AT & T Stadium (including a 54 yarder), and making a game winner when I was at Assumption last year.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I think my mind is what separates me from a lot of kickers. I pride myself on my preparation and ability to be prepared for every kick.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather so he could watch one of my games.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because that means that you have made a positive impact on someone..
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Former Assumption College Head Coach Bob Chesney (currently head coach at Holy Cross). While playing for him, he helped prepare me for my current situation. He helped get me ready to play in the SEC without even knowing it.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Free Agent Interview: Troy Porter, Offensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/troy-p…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- I'm hearing they are looking at CB's too twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 51 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: CJ Anderson, Defensive Tackle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cj-and…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Dang twitter.com/laurenthomas/s…
about 56 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Terry Hunter Jr., Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/terry-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago