NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Chad Rex, WR, Ohio Northern University
- Chad Rex
- Ohio Northern University
- Twitter: @Chadrex_7
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-OAC Football First Team.
- 51 rec – 926 yards – 18.16 YPR – 14 TDs.
What is your name?
- Chad Rex.
Where do you play College Football?
- Ohio Northern University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Austin White.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Lil baby, Future and YFN Lucci.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Walk around the field and pray at the goal post before the game starts.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom, because she has put everyone first in her life. She has always taken care of me and I look up to her for that because she is a great person.
You are a Criminal Justice major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I want to help people or honestly anything for a good cause, So I assumed that getting into this field is all about helping people and protecting them.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite would be my criminal investigation.
- Least favorite is stats.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Hanging with some of my friends.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Patriots, Tom Brady and because he’s the GOAT and he has 5 reasons why he is the GOAT.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The movie Get Smart and Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Tom Brady.
- My Grandma.
- Brenden Hadley.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- George Washington because he was the first president so you he had to start us off right.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Deadpool he sets a good example.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Do more than other people, and make sure your focused on what you need to do to get better.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- You gotta prove yourself on the field, there are 100 other people there.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Start working out and training now and not wait 3 years.
Why do you wear #7?
- I wanted 3 but they gave me 7, but I’m glad I have it now. It fits me.
What is the best part of your hometown, Bradenton, FL?
- The beaches.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron because Michael didn’t have J.R. Smith drinking Henny during the game and he didn’t have Jordan Clarkson shooting 1 for 11 every game.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One, 2K and Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Winning football games.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- That I can play for the New England Patriots.
- I could get this one girl I dated in high-school back
- Student loans paid off.
What is your hidden talent?
- I’m only good at one thing, football.
If there is a book written about Chad Rex, what is the title?
- “R.I.P. Chad Rex.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel to other countries.
- Snowboard in Colorado.
- Make the NFL.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady because he’s the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Ohio Northern football team?
- To have a 3.0 or higher and to be nationals champs and be the best receiver in the nation.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Chad Rex, what would they be?