NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: BJ Blunt, LB, McNeese State
- Name: Bryan “BJ” Blunt
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 215
- Position: LB
- College: McNeese State
- Twitter: Beedoe8_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Beautiful City And Food Is Tremendous
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, then Strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- My Mother An Family, we’ve been broke my whole life so I feel it’s my duty to change the culture!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Not Graduating High School, I grew up and just pulled it together an kept pushing forward
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Tanner Mangum
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Motivational Speaker
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Three Strangers because my Mom taught me how to be Selfless!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Tarzan because I most definitely rather be in a jungle than a office
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Failing out of college, but I just talked to the important people in my life and keep pushing is all I heard, so that’s what I did
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Dropping a touchdown pass against Edna Karr
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Game Winning Interception In NJCAA National Championship
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Fed Up – Derez Deshon
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Gotta Have Great Character!
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Grandma her last time seeing me play was my freshman year of high school
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- “The Way”
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Richard Sherman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, My whole family Like me!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win, losing just a learning experience
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother , she was there when the football world forgot I existed !