NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Azeez Al-Shaair, LB, Florida Atlantic
- Player – Azeez Al-Shaair
- School – Florida Atlantic
- Position – Outside/ Inside Linebacker
- Height – 6’2
- Weight – 228 lbs.
- Projected Forty – 4.68
- Projected round – 7th- UDFA
- Age – 20 yrs
- Draft Class – 2019
- Hometown – Tampa Florida
- Jersey # 2
Stats & Awards
- Thru 5 games 39 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 0.5 sack
- 2018 Conference USA 1st Team Selection
- 146 tackles, 71 solo, 75 assists, 10 TFL, 205 sack and 4 Pass defense.
- Had a impressive 14 tackles against WKU. A tipped ball crating a turnover. A TFL and a nice pass breakup.
- 13 tackles against 9 assists against Marshall.
- 2017 Shula Bowl against FIU 14 tackles 1.5 TFL of a total of 16 yds.
- Game high 11 tackles in the C-USA Championship Game.
- Phil Steele’s First Team All Conference team.
- 113 tackles , 57 solo, 56 assists, 12 TFL 2 Sacks.
- 2 FF, 1 INT and 6 Pass Def.
- 10 tackles against SIU in a win.
- Had 12 tackles and his first INT which he took to the house.
- Best game of the year against Marshall with a season high 15 tackles and 2 TFL.
- Finished the year as FAU’s leader in tackles.
- C- USA Conference Honorable mention.
- 94 tackles, 50 solo, 44 assist, 7 TFL,1.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 2 Pass Def & 1 FF.
- 13 tackles vs Middle Tenn.
- C- Freshman All Freshman 2015
- FAU’s co-Newcomer of the year.
- Named Freshman all American by USA Today.
Draft Diamond Report
391 Career tackles and counting..
Shaair is a special sleeper, with elite quickness and a great first step. Really can shoot the gap like an All Pro.Has the vision to see plays develop using his speed and athletic ability to dominate. Make plays behind the line of scrimmage. Whether it’s getting pressure on QB’s or hunting RB’s, he does it fast and he does it on the regular.
Perfect as a 4 down LB that can be moved around has all the attributes to cover TE’s or RB’s on pass plays with his 6’2 height & overall athletic store. If used as a cover LB in or a spear type player believe he can strive in that role as well.
Violent hitter, clean but his power is something that stands out on tape. When he hits a player, the player is going down hard. Tackling machine with tremendous technique fluid movement plays with good pad level. Nice long arms with strong lean frame great instincts/ play recognition change of direction is top of his class.
He is a sleeper to watch, projected late rd 6-7. No reason he can’t be a mid round pick. With a good SR yr a Combine invite Senior Bowl and/or Shrine invite.This young man could easily be a top 10 to 15 guy by position draft day 2019.