- Armand Dellovade
- Youngstown State University
- Twitter: @ArmandDellovade
- 2017 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2017 MVFC All-Conference Second Team.
- 76.0 Total Tackles – 5.5 TFL – 3 Sacks – 1 INT.
What is your name?
- Armand Dellovade.
Where do you play College Football?
- Youngstown State University
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Baseball, and Rugby
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Joe Haeg my freshman year against North Dakota State 2015
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Metal, Rock, or Rap.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No superstitions before games. Just being well prepared for the game plan so I feel comfortable while playing.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad. He has always pushed me to be the best that I can be in everything that I do. He works harder than anyone I know and he has always been my biggest role model and always will be.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class – Public Speaking.
- Least Favorite Class – Civil 3D.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Becoming close with a bunch of guys on the football team. People who I will be friends with forever
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL team would definitely be the Pittsburgh Steelers because I am from Pittsburgh and they always play tough and they rely on their defense so much. My favorite player has always been Jack Lambert even though I never got a chance to see him play.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The Equalizer, Robert McCall (Denzel Washington).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Jack Lambert.
- Jack Ham.
- Terry Bradshaw.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abraham Lincoln because he believed everyone was equal.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman. I have always loved him because he is always the underdog and does not have any real superhero powers but he always wins.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is what you do when no one is looking. It is easy to be motivated and into whatever you are doing when people are watching you and people are doing the same thing you are doing. But it is hard to do it when no one is watching you and no one is motivating you to push yourself and be the best you can be.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- How to become a better leader. There are plenty of people who have influenced me through college but Coach Bo Pelini has definitely taught me how to be a better leader and how to lead different types of players and people and I think I can use that in the future no matter what I am doing.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Enjoy the moment and do not sweat the small stuff. Sometimes through high school and even in college I feel as if I look forward to what is next and I tend to not fully embrace the moment. Also I feel like little things would bother me especially in high school and I feel like I would have enjoyed high school more if I didn’t let those things bother me.
Why do you wear #42?
- In high school, my freshman year I didn’t have a number yet and my high school head coach said a great player used to wear #42 and I don’t give it to many players. If I give you this number then you are not allowed to let me down and you are definitely not allowed to let the player who wore this and started the #42 tradition down. The player who wore #42 was Ben Herbert who played at Wisconsin and is now the head strength coach at the University of Michigan. Ever since then I have always wanted #42.
What is the best part of your hometown, Imperial, PA?
- Imperial is about 15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, so you do not have to experience all the crazy traffic in Pittsburgh but you can be in the city quickly.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron. He is the best athlete to ever and he wins games by himself and does not need a loaded team.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. Fortnite, Madden, NBA 2K, and NHL.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Going to the national championship my sophomore season.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Win a National Championship this year.
- Be an All American.
- Be successful in life no matter what it is.
If there is a book written about Armand Dellovade, what is the title?
- “Determination is the Key to Success.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play in the NFL.
- Go to an Eminem concert.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Last Chance U.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Watch more film or hangout with my friends.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Le’Veon Bell for sure. He is the best back in the league and it would be something I would remember forever and brag about since he is the best.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Youngstown State football team?
- All American.
- All Conference.
- Go undefeated.
- Win Conference.
- Win National Championship.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Armand Dellovade, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- An underdog who is also a winner. Someone who no one thinks is going to do well or do good and he ends up being a complete winner in everything that he/she does.