NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Antonio Jackson, SS, Fordham University
- Antonio Jackson
- Fordham University
- Twitter: @_antoniojackson
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 Football All-Patriot League Second Team.
- 63 Total Tackles –2.0 TFL – 4 INTs – 2 FF – 1 FR.
What is your name?
- Antonio Jackson.
Where do you play College Football?
- Fordham University.
What position do you play?
- Strong Safety.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 198lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Track and Field.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Peter Pujals – Holy Cross (QB – 2013-2017).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, usually old school R&B or Drake.
Who is your role model & why?
- My parents have been a never-ending source of support for me and laid the foundation for the man I am today as far as being respectful, driven, and kind.
You are a Sociology major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I have always been fascinated with connecting with people and figuring out what makes people do the things they do. Sociology opens that door even more for me and I hope it will allow me to help others understand not only themselves but the people around them.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite was Emergence of Social Media. My least favorite was Intro to Old Testament.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting new people and getting to experience something different. I had never been on my own before and never been to NYC, so it’s been a real eye opening experience.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Washington Redskins, they practice in the town over from me and although he is kind of young, Harrison Smith (Minnesota Vikings – Safety) because you don’t hear much about him but he plays at a high level consistently and doesn’t need validation for it.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Gangs of New York and Bill the Butcher (Daniel Day Lewis).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Vince Carter.
- P Diddy.
- Sandra Bullock.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Bruce Lee, because he had an infinite amount amount of knowledge and a couple martial arts lessons wouldn’t hurt.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash because being that fast was just always an exciting thing to think about.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Knowing that something may be uncomfortable or difficult but pushing through because you know it is what you need to be doing.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- People are far more appreciative of you being your true self rather than trying put on a front to be who you think they want you to be.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Seek as much help as you need, it’s better to admit when you need help rather than struggle because of pride.
Why do you wear #5?
- it was the closest I could get to the #3 which is my favorite.
What is the best part of your hometown, Leesburg, VA?
- It’s continuously growing but the people never change, everyone is willing to help you achieve your goals.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One and PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds).
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- The summer camps because they made me realize all the hard work that needs to be put in and how things should be done.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Unlimited supply of wings.
- Star in a movie.
- Make sure my family is all taken care of.
What is your hidden talent?
- I am a really good dancer.
If there is a book written about Antonio Jackson, what is the title?
- “Roll with the Punches.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Italy.
- Surf a wave.
- Own a dog.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Zoo on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Sit and read a good book.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, solely because he is so precise and executes at a high level so to be able to pick him off you would have to also be at a high level, so I hope to one day reach that point where I am that knowledgeable of the game.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Fordham football team?
- I want to be first team all conference and make enough noise to be an all american as well.
- Winning a Patriot League Championship is a must.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Antonio Jackson, what would they be?