NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Andy Hunt, WR, DePauw University
- Andy Hunt
- DePauw University
- Twitter: @andyhunt9
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-NCAC Football Second Team.
- 2017 All-NCAC First Team Return Specialist.
- 45 rec – 878 yards – 19.51 YPR – 12 TDs.
- 22 Punt Returns – 175 yards – 7.95 YPR – 1 TD.
What is your name?
- Andy Hunt.
Where do you play College Football?
- DePauw University.
What position do you play?
- Mainly slot receiver but some outside.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11″ 185lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- In high school I played hockey, football, and baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Either Brian Parks from Wabash or Andrew Baird from Denison.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- It depends how close to the game but right before I like to listen to rap/hip hop.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I try to stay calm and I feel like superstitions would throw me off so no.
Who is your role model & why?
- I think my dad has played a major role in my life helping mold me to be the player and person I am. He showed me what hard work and perseverance can accomplish.
You are a Communication major. What made you pursue that subject?
- We do not really have a business major, but I wanted to work on my ability to effectively communicate in a variety of ways, so I picked communication.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Probably my least favorite was a discovery process science course and my favorite I would say would be a journalism or media course I took.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- We have a winter term the month of January and my sophomore year I taught English at an after-school center in Lisbon, Portugal. Also, last year I had the opportunity to take a trip to Port Alexander, Alaska creating a documentary and exploring. Hard to pick between the two because they were both incredible experiences.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning. The Colts are my hometown team and Peyton Manning was great on the field but also did a lot for the Indianapolis Community as well.
- My favorite receiver to watch right now is either Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. I try to play like Antonio Brown.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Mike Eruzione from Miracle. One of the greatest sports stories in history.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Audie Murphy.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Audie Murphy because of the stories he would have and a great story of someone who gave his life to help others even when everyone doubted him.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I like Batman because of all the stuff he has, and the movies are the best. Superman is a very close second.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work to me is giving your best effort all the time and going the extra mile to succeed.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Sometimes the things that are least interesting to you will be more valuable than those you find most interesting.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would have gotten in the weight room earlier and gotten better grades in school.
Why do you wear #17?
- I was given 17 when I got to school so there is not a real reason but now I like it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Indianapolis, IN?
- I think the people in Indianapolis make it so great.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron, I think just because his ability to do it all and I grew up watching him play. It is hard to go against Jordan though.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox. I play a lot of Fortnite and NHL.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Catching the winning touchdown pass from my brother in the Monon Bell game my sophomore year was awesome.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Find the cure to cancer and terrible diseases.
- Happiness for everyone.
- Have the athletic ability of LeBron James.
What is your hidden talent?
- I guess it would be I can drink a bottle of water in three seconds.
If there is a book written about Andy Hunt, what is the title?
- That is a tough question, maybe “Unseen Battles: the Successes and Failures of Andy Hunt” because I have had some really good moments in my life and other moments that tested me hard.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel to every continent.
- Play in the NFL.
- Having a family of my own.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Bloodline on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Hangout with friends and just relax.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Peyton Manning. He is the greatest of all time and made me love football. Growing up in Indianapolis Peyton Manning was my hero.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the DePauw football team?
- Our goal as a team is to win the NCAC and my goal as a player is to be first team All-Conference and All-Region.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Andy Hunt, what would they be?