NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Alex Conley, LT, Duquesne University
- Alex Conley
- Duquesne University
- Twitter: @_BigAl72
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-Northeast Conference Football First Team.
What is your name?
- Alex Conley.
Where do you play College Football?
- Duquesne University.
What position do you play?
- Left Tackle.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4″ 301lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball and lacrosse.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Moss, defensive end from Youngstown state
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Somewhere over the Rainbow by IZ.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- The only routine thing I do is how I get dressed and ready for the game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad definitely, he was always my coach when I was younger, and instilled in me the values that apply to sports and life.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class would have to be business law, and least favorite would be statistics.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just being around with my friends in the great city of Pittsburgh.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Definitely the Browns, and the GOAT Joe Thomas. He is the ultimate model of what an offensive lineman should be.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would definitely would want to be Thor in Infinity War, dude’s a beast.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Mike Ditka.
- My grandfather.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- I would have to choose Alexander the Great. He is one of the pinnacles of great leadership and dedication.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Right now, Thor. I really was never into superhero’s growing up, but with all the marvel movies now Thor is definitely the best. He’s the most powerful, hilarious, and has the best movies.
What is your definition of hard work?
- The ability to consistently put in the same high-level dedication into one’s craft without wavering or giving up.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The importance of time management in school and athletics.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Pack your lunches more often.
Why do you wear #72?
- Growing up and I was always 55, but once I got to high school that jersey was to small so I picked 72 by flipping a coin.
What is the best part of your hometown, Akron, OH?
- Our drive-in burger joint Swensons and high school football.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron, one he’s an Akron guy, but also Mike was really just a scorer while LeBron is just as good if not better at scoring, rebounds better and assists.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- XBOX all the way, and of course I’m playing Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Has to be winning the NEC title my sophomore year and going to playoffs.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Be able to fly.
- Eat my favorite food whenever.
- Meet every single one of my past family members.
What is your hidden talent?
- I have a wicked hitchhikers thumb.
If there is a book written about Alex Conley, what is the title?
- “The Alex Conley Experience.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Fly first class.
- Go to Greece.
- Play in the NFL.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I just finished up the new season of Last Chance U.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Definitely sleep.
If you could pancake block any NFL DL, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I’d have to pick Bruce Smith from the Bills, that dude was jacked and awesome, it make me feel great to pancake him.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Duquesne football team?
- As far as individual goals, yes, they are nice, but the ultimate goal is to win conference and got to playoffs and take a shot at the title.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Alex Conley, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- Knowing that not just in football but life you can’t only think and play for yourself, but to have the opportunity to help your teammates and your community.