NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Marquise Copeland, DE/DT, University of Cincinnati
- Player- Marquise Copeland
- Position- DE/DT
- School- Cincinnati
- Height – 6’3
- weight- 290 lbs
- Number # 44
- Draft Class- 2019
- Projected Forty – 4.90
- Projected Round – 6-7
- Hometown – Cleveland, Ohio
Stats & Awards:
- Thru 2 games 14 tackles, .5 TFL & 1 PBU
- Sept 1st 2018 had 7 tackles, 1 PBU & a QB hurry in a opening week win vs UCLA
- Had 31 solo tackles, 32 assists, 63 tackles(total) 3.5 sacks, 8TFL & 1 PD
- Career high 10 tackles against UCONN.
- Played in all of the Bearcats 12 games as a JR and had 55 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 2 FF, 1 PD and a sack.
- 5 or more tackles 8 times in 2016
- 8 solo tackles @ Temple then had 8 tackles @ Tulsa in back to back weeks.
- First sack was against Miami of Ohio.
- 39 of his 59 tackles came in the final 6 games of the year.
- Limited play 6 games 15 tackles 1 TFL
Career Stats – 151 tackles, 64 solo, 87 ast, 14 TFL, 4.5 sack, 3 PBU 2 FF
Draft Diamond Report by Matt Anzio
Copeland is built like a wrecking ball.
He is wide strong throughout his frame and has surprisingly quick feet first step and get off. Strong, heavy hands and a high motor he could play DT or even 34 DE in the right system. Wll dive to make a play behind the line or from behind
Could be a great option for a 43 team looking for a top run defender at the DT position while adding insurance at the DE position in 3 and 4 man fronts.
One of the quickest DT prospects at almost 300 lbs in this very deep 2019 draft. Does not move like a 290 pound D lineman more like a 43 DE edgerusher. Freakish athletic big guy who went from 260 lbs to 290 lbs with very little, if any loss of athletic ability.
If you were to design a player on a video game to play DT you would create Copeland. A monster force in the middle of a D that can swallow up running backs and disrupt QB’s.
Of course, he is a better fit as a DT but the fact he could play DE in a pinch especially on run downs is a bonus and GM’s really love a versatile player.
If he can take his game to the next level, he could see his name rise up big boards. Cause he has the look and get off to make scouts pound the table in April for a guy with a stout low center of gravity with relentless pursuit flying thru or around O lineman. Wouldn’t just look at his forty time so much as id watch his 10 yard split athletic first several steps that get him behind the line of scrimmage in an instant.
Trying to find a comparison to this young man is a hard task, so i wont. In closing its early in the CFB Swason & Copeland is already reeking havoc for opposing OL & coaches. Versatile D linemen that can dart past or man handle OT’s & OG’s.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 9 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 10 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Baron Davis’ Business Inside the Game Ignites NBA Wives Women’s Empowerment Summit, NBA and NFL Athletes, Entertain… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago via IFTTT
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/hidden… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7AwOtmRXD0
about 19 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro