NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Cua Rose, FS, Arkansas Tech by Matt Anzio
- Player: Cua Rose
- Position: Free Safety
- School: Arkansas Tech
- Height: 5’ 10
- Weight: 180 lb
- Projected Forty: 4.43
- Projected Round : UDFA
- Jersey Number : #8
- Hometown: McGehee, Arkansas
Stats & Awards
- 2017- 85 tackles, 48 solo, 14 PBU, 2 FF 5 INT
- Had 3 INT in 1 game beating school record 95 yrs old
- 2016- 65 tackle, 42 solo,13 PBU, 3 FF 2 INT
- 2015- 76 tackles, 44 solo, 13 PBU, 2 sack 5 INT
Rose is kind of a Safety that all to often gets moved too Nickelback.
Which is fine but have no doubt the man can play safety just fine. Although undersized much like another small schooler last year Jeremy Reaves , Rose can move all over the field make plays sideline to sideline or endzone to endzone.
Gifted in coverage reads plays breaks of routes and disrupts or intercepts the ball. This is a young man who set a 95 yr old record with 3 INT’s in 1 game. Jams guys closes distance quick by making perfectly timed dives getting his paws on everything. Fluid change of direction, back-peddler can recognize and change the play , directing the other DB’s on the fly. Intense rapid footwork strong hands long reach upper body that’s stout and muscular can out power most wideouts no matter their size.
Sturdy well built for his size but he should add 10-15 lbs. at the next level to succeed as a Strong safety in the NFL. He is a beast on blitzes & run plays great jump off solid hand powerful upper body work combined with his high speed movement skills makes him ideal against the run. The vision and awareness too recognize screen plays sniff them out for a loss or come on a designed blitz with agility & power. Sufficient strong tackler for his size very good at shadowing players on pass plays as well. He is a natural heavy hitter can smack opponents to the ground with his strong punch and he plays with a reckless abandon on every play . Down hill runner on blitz packages perfectly timed dives prevent big plays from happening.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bernard McCall Jr., WR, Brevard College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/bernar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kevon Johnson, RB, Roosevelt University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/kevon-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for May 10th, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Roster Cuts and Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:A NEW DISTURBING NFL TREND THAT NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uMASHxtYFg
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bernard McCall Jr., WR, Brevard College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/bernar…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...