Colin Kaepernick is the face of Nike‘s latest ad campaign, two years after kneeling during the national anthem made him the face of protest in the NFL.
Kaepernick tweeted an image from Nike’s new “Just Do It” campaign on Monday. The advertisement features a close-up shot of the quarterback’s face and reads, “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”
According to Darren Rovell, Nike has been paying Kaepernick all along waiting for the right moment to unleash the ad.
BREAKING: Nike had been paying Colin Kaepernick all along, waiting for the right moment. That moment is now, as he becomes the face of the company’s 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” campaign. pic.twitter.com/uccpDStbq5
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) September 3, 2018
Kaepernick has been endorsed by Nike since 2011, though the company has, until now, stayed quiet about his history of protest.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kyle Kuzma’s Ex Katya Elise Hennry Returns Fire at Kendall Jenner ift.tt/2lye0W7
about 21 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:Would you trade a first round pick for Jadeveon Clowney? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/jadeve… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/2oAg6mchbu
about 32 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:Two HS football players killed in a car crash in Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/oregon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nHmLp2g3je
about 43 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:Second Baylor football player who had has life ruined by rape allegations wins in court… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Drake Shows Off Ridiculous Indoor OVO Basketball Court ift.tt/2lBZAUZ
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT