Colin Kaepernick is the face of Nike‘s latest ad campaign, two years after kneeling during the national anthem made him the face of protest in the NFL.
Kaepernick tweeted an image from Nike’s new “Just Do It” campaign on Monday. The advertisement features a close-up shot of the quarterback’s face and reads, “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”
According to Darren Rovell, Nike has been paying Kaepernick all along waiting for the right moment to unleash the ad.
BREAKING: Nike had been paying Colin Kaepernick all along, waiting for the right moment. That moment is now, as he becomes the face of the company’s 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” campaign. pic.twitter.com/uccpDStbq5
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) September 3, 2018
Kaepernick has been endorsed by Nike since 2011, though the company has, until now, stayed quiet about his history of protest.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, & Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- That was a fumble and the Rams recovered for a touchdown they throw the flag to fast for that old man
about 35 mins ago
- That should be a touchdown
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Jets RB La’Mical Perine will miss several weeks with an ankle injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/lamica… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Very concerning. The Fantasy Doctors believe the injury to Joe Burrow is worse than originally thought. He could mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago