- Chance Stewart
- Hillsdale College
- Twitter: @Chance_Stewart8
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 Great Midwest Athletic All-Conference Honorable Mention.
- 200-333 – 2,695 yards – 16 TDs – 60.06% – 13.48 YPC.
What is your name?
- Chance Stewart.
Where do you play College Football?
- Hillsdale College.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’5″ 250lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball and baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Matt Judon Grand Valley State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Never been a big music guy before games.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I have a routine that I follow very carefully before the game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad has always been my biggest role model. He has taught me so much about life and athletics and what it means to be a leader and too be that guy people count on in all types of situations.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Learnings for Leadership with Dr. Jennings and my least favorite would be Spanish.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just hanging with some of the guys and creating relationships that will last a lifetime.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up in Michigan I have always been a Lions fan and my favorite player is Tom Brady.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- A remake of The Sandlot, but with all the guys I grew up with in Sturgis. I would play Benny the Jet.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Tom Brady.
- Tim Tebow.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abraham Lincoln. I would love to talk about his Gettysburg speech to all the soldiers. I am not sure if its the greatest speech of all time, but it is up there.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Iron Man is my favorite superhero. He always uses his knowledge and character to do what’s necessary to win. He demonstrates this in the first Avengers movie when he flies the atomic bomb into the sky not knowing if he will return.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is what’s expected of you from your teammates, those who can go beyond that and find ways to push themselves even more are the ones who become champions.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That no matter what you say or do, there will always be people who disagree with you or do not like you.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- All you need is one school to take a shot on you. Chasing for offers is cool and all, but at the end of the day I only needed one coach who I connected with and trusted to give me a shot.
Why do you wear #8?
- I wore #7 all through High school and when I went to Hillsdale it was already taken so I was given #8.
What is the best part of your hometown, Sturgis, MI?
- It’s where my family grew up. This town has shaped all my family into the people they are now. Would not of changed it for the world.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- Michael Jordan.. For him to be able to win three straight titles, then retire to play baseball, only to come back and win another three straight is absolutely amazing. LeBron will go down as one of the best athletes of all time but I think Jordan forever is the goat.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- My dad never allowed me to have video games in the house so I have never been big into it.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My redshirt freshman year we were down a touchdown late against Wayne State and I led us down the field to score the game tying touchdown with a little over a minute left and we ended up winning in OT.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Play in the NFL.
- Parents never have to work again.
- Have a huge family in the future.
What is your hidden talent?
- I am an elite ping pong player.
If there is a book written about Chance Stewart, what is the title?
- “Find A Way.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Would love to go to to every NFL and MLB stadium.
- Own a gym in Sturgis.
- Become a head coach someday.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Not really into Netflix during the summer.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- In my garage gym. Over the years my brothers and I have put together quite a workout gym in our garage.
If you could throw a TD to any WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Randy Moss – I started following NFL QBs in 2007 when Brady and Moss had their historic year and he just makes it seem so easy. Would be a lot of fun to throw him the ball.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Hillsdale football team?
- The only goal for the 2018 season is to be GMAC champs when week 11 is over.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Chance Stewart, what would they be?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/seth-w… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- The Wichita Kid!!
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for December 2, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Alex Leatherwood, OL, University of Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/alex-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- ICYMI:Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey will not play today, he was placed on the COVID-19 list nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/maurki…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago