NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Yansay Williams, WR, Monmouth College
- Yansay Williams
- Monmouth College
- Twitter: @IamYLW
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 Midwest Conference South Division First Team.
- 35 rec – 542 yards – 15.49 YPR – 11 TDs.
What is your name?
- Yansay Williams.
Where do you play College Football?
- Monmouth College.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 180 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball and did track throughout childhood into high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Micam Smith (Monmouth College ‘14-’18).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I have a playlist I like to listen to. G Herbo, Meek Mill, Future and Kodak make up a lot of the playlist.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My oldest brother Brooks. He was that father figure I always wanted and probably the biggest reason and influence for me being the man I am today.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Least Favorite – Latin.
- Favorite – Advertising.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Creating relationships with some really amazing people. I’ve met some of my best friends here that will last a lifetime.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Colts were my favorite team because I was a huge Reggie Wayne fan. My favorite player would’ve been Chad Johnson. I always loved to watch him play, I think he’s a good person to model your game after.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Bad Boys – Mike Lowery.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Barack Obama.
- Will Smith.
- Michael Jordan.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- MLK, just to pick his brain and see what he was like.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Deadpool, his movies are hilarious.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing something that test your limits, whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- As a freshman I came in just expecting to be the man. Everybody is good, everybody was that star player on their high school team. You have to set yourself apart from all those guys.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- LIFT, I matured as an athlete really late. I was really undersized coming into college.
Why do you wear #1?
- Top 2 and I’m not 2.
What is the best part of your hometown, Normal, IL?
- Food options.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron, he is the greatest of my era, I have more memories watching him than I do with Mike.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Whichever you want to lose in.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Back to Back conference champs.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- National Championship.
- Get drafted.
- See all the people in my circle prosper.
What is your hidden talent?
If there is a book written about Yansay Williams, what is the title?
- One of my favorite quotes, “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel outside the country.
- Go to the Olympics.
- Buy a house for my Mom.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Nope, I’m a movie guy.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Playing football.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Brett Favre, I’ve heard he used to break receivers fingers so I want to know how hard he really throws the ball
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Monmouth football team?
- Individually, All-American.
- Team wise we want a National Championship, you don’t play the game to come in any other spot.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Yansay Williams, what would they be?