Five surprise cuts I could see happening in the next couple weeks
The NFL season is coming up very quickly and every year there solid players who get the axe from their employer. This year I could see these five players getting cut from their respective team. Check out my list:
Dallas Cowboys cut WR Terrence Williams
- The Dallas Cowboys cutting a wide out? I know it sounds crazy but the Cowboys have Allen Hurns, Tavon Austin, Cole Beasley and Michael Gallup, add in they signed Deonte Thompson and the Cowboys do not need Terrence Williams and his off-the-field issues he had this off-season. Add in the fact he was injured and missed some time, I could see the Cowboys parting ways with him.
Baltimore Ravens cut WR Breshard Perriman
- The Ravens former first round pick has not been that impressive. With the additions of Willie Snead, Michael Crabtree and John Brown, Perriman becomes expendable. Perriman is a speed guy that has not been able to really break the wide receiver battle open. I feel his time in B-More is about over.
Denver Broncos release WR Emmanuel Sanders
- Emmanuel Sanders is getting paid like a top 10 wide out in the NFL, and with the addition of Courtland Sutton and Daesean Hamilton the Broncos could be ready to free up some space and move on from their veteran wide out. The Broncos could save 8 million dollars as well by trading him, so he may end up on the trade block. If the Broncos cut him they will have dead weight this year but next year they would save 10 million in cap.
Cincinnati Bengals cut DE Michael Johnson
- Bengals have Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson stepping up right now and if they were to cut Michael Johnson they could save 6 million dollars. While the Bengals do not need the money, this could be a huge savings for them and it would also give their young bucks and opportunity to shine.
Minnesota Vikings release WR LaQuon Treadwell
- The Vikings have a ton of solid young wide receivers on their roster, but one who has not been making a huge impact is LaQuon Treadwell. The Vikings could try to trade Treadwell, but if they cannot find a suitor I would not be surprised if he is shown the door. He would be a guy I could see several teams fighting over, because he has talent.