What is your name?
- Stephen Adams
What is your Height/Weight?
- 6’4” 205 lbs
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
- Delaware Valley University in Doylestown, PA.
Where are you from?
- Hamilton, New Jersey
Who is your role model, and why?
- My parents. They work so hard & they are always there for me. They’re the best people I know & I aspire to be like them one day!
- Celebrity: LeBron James. He’s a natural leader on the floor; he is the embodiment of what it means to be a professional. Everything he’s done outside of sports, by sending kids to college & opening a new school is unbelievable & beyond admirable.
Who was your favorite teacher?
- My elementary gym teacher, Mr. Buffulco. At a young age he showed major belief in me; he really pushed me to understand my talents and to always chase my dreams.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
- Preston Addo from Stevenson University. As much as he was a talented WR, he was a better return man. He’s just an extremely talented player; always had to watch extra film and prep a little harder when facing him.
Who is the most underrated player on your team?
- Our QB Dashawn Darden. He hasn’t got the national attention he deserves. He’s one of the most talented football players I’ve had the privilege to be around. He works extremely hard and he’s very humble. His size is extremely deceiving and I really hope he gets a chance at the next level because he deserves it.
What is the one song that would fire you up before the biggest game of your life?
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
- Brett Kern from the Tennessee Titans. He has a big leg, but what makes him even better is his ability to place the ball and take returners out of the game. He led the league in net average last year & I don’t think he gets enough respect, but he’s one of the best at what he does.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- Learning the punting position. This is only my 4th year punting; I was a Quarterback all throughout HS & even into my first semester in college. My freshman year I had the opportunity to start & play and it was a great experience, however, we did not have a kicking coach so I was learning through videos online. My sophomore year, we brought in Steve Hellings & he changed my entire game. I struggled that year but it was a great learning experience & I’m thankful he spent the extra time working with me and pushing me because it’s got me to where I am today.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
- Love to get on the field before the game and just embrace the environment of the stadium/field.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first college punt went 65 yards against Montclair State. Was just an awesome moment seeing how excited my teammates, coaches, & the fans were for me.
What is the coolest thing you ever did off the field for someone else?
- I have the amazing opportunity to work with children with disabilities through different volunteer camps. They’re amazing kids & they have taught me so much and I’m very thankful to have had the chance to spend time with them.
Who was your favorite NFL team growing up?
- Dallas Cowboys
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
- LeBron James, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady