NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Solomon Brown
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 235
- Position: LB
- College: Charleston Southern University
- Twitter: None
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My home town is Clemson S.C. and what I love most about Clemson is truly my family and friends.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, film study, strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I don’t worry about much, but I would likely ask am I following God’s will or my own
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- One time I can remember is my state championship in high school. I played awful and felt that I failed my team. So I turned it around to work very hard to never let that moment happen again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I would say that I am a leader by example
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- It would have to be Derrick Henry when we played Alabama
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be a mechanical engineer and help design football helmets.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- My desk cause I am on it a lot.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family because I know my family and I love them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- If that means I can be a super hero then I would pick Martian Man Hunter
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- I have been blessed to not have many big obstacles in my life but I guess I would have to say my parents being divorced I overcame it with my brother and sister
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My brother pulling my pants down in front of a girl I had a crush on at the time
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I would have to say when I blocked an extra point to win the game and stop it from going into a third overtime
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Worlds Greatest by R-Kelly
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I would say my ability to take coaching and make something my own.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Stephen Hawking because I would love to be able to actually ask him questions about everything.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Stay live dance
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t know
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because when respected, you hear them and give value to what someone has to say.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I don’t know, because I don’t feel for much of them