The Seattle Seahawks could really use a back-up quarterback if Russell Wilson does in fact get hurt, but today news broke that the Seahawks recently offered a 2nd round pick for Indianapolis Colts back-up Jacoby Brissett, per Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
Remember earlier this year, Colts owner Jim Irsay’s declared that his organization would not part with “the best backup quarterback in football,” even if the offer was as steep as a first-round pick.
Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was the Colts’ quarterbacks coach last year, and Schottenheimer loves Brissett. If Schottenheimer raved about Brissett in Seattle, he may have convinced the higher-ups that Brissett would be worth trading for, but Jason LaCanfora says the trade is not true.
Im told the Seahawks did not offer a second-round pick for Jacoby Brissett
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) August 19, 2018
Either way, I wonder if the Seahawks could be interested in Jets back-up Teddy Bridgewater…..
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Adult Fan Proudly Snatches Home Run Ball from Kids ift.tt/2XUYCk7
about 28 mins ago via IFTTT
- Anthony Davis Joined LeBron James for Taco Tuesday ift.tt/2JF81Hm
about 37 mins ago via IFTTT
- WNBA Suspends Riquna Williams 10 Games for Domestic Violence ift.tt/2XUWGbl
about 47 mins ago via IFTTT
- Steve Kerr Calls Out Shaq For Losing Bet From 2004 ift.tt/2O23UL4
about 57 mins ago via IFTTT
- MVP Odds: Identifying good value in the 2019 sports books ift.tt/2XVoexa
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT