NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Quinn McElfresh, WR, Mississippi Valley State University
- Quinn McElfresh
- Mississippi Valley State University
- Twitter: @quinn_mcelfresh
2017 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2017 All-SWAC Football Second Team.
- 2017 SWAC Newcomer of the Year.
- 57 rec – 889 YDs – 15.6 YPR – 5 TDs.
What is your name?
- Quinn McElfresh.
Where do you play College Football?
- Mississippi Valley State University.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3″ 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes. I played basketball and baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Rishad Goode.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes. Hip Hop/Rap.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I always point up to the sky before a game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My parents, because they have sacrificed so much for my siblings and I. I couldn’t be where I am today without them.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was a history class and my least favorite class was College Algebra.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Getting to experience different places in the United States and meeting a bunch of great people.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Minnesota Vikings/Randy Moss. I just loved the way he played and competed.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be in Rocky and be Sylvester Stallone.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James.
- Randy Moss.
- Allen Iverson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- George Washington because he was our country’s first President.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Spider-Man because I always watched him growing up.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Giving it your all everyday and grinding like it’s your last day.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Really just seeing all the different cultures and seeing how much different other people and places are around the country.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To stay patient and just keep grinding.
Why do you wear #81?
- Because of Calvin Johnson, he is one of my favorite WRs.
What are the best part of your hometown, Brainerd, MN?
- The Summer and all the lakes.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron?
You were named the SWAC Newcomer of the Year in 2017. What was it like to receive that honor?
- It was a tremendous honor to see that my hard work wasn’t going unnoticed.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4. The only game I play is Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Getting to play football in California, right by the beach.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Make it to the NFL.
- Buy a house on the beach.
- Payback my parents somehow for all the sacrifices that they have made for me.
What is your hidden talent?
- I love to fish and hunt.
If there is a book written about Quinn McElfresh, what is the title?
- “The Unpredictable Journey of Quinn McElfresh.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Africa.
- Go hunting in Alaska.
- Meet LeBron James.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Yes, 13 Reasons Why.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Just chilling and watching Netflix of playing Fortnite.
If you could catch a TD from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because he is the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the MVSU football team?
- Have over 1,200 yards, 80 catches, 12 TDs. Win the SWAC.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jack Sheldon, what would they be?