- Mykelti Armstrong
- Marian University
- Twitter: @GodGiv3n_Talent
- 27 rec – 392 YDs – 14.5 YPR – 3 TDs.
What is your name?
- Mykelti Armstrong.
Where do you play College Football?
- Marian University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Baseball, basketball, and track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Mark Fields.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Rap music and Lil Wayne, Gucci, Migos or 21 Savage.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, I don’t believe in superstitions.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is my role model because she basically raised me and my siblings by herself.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I’d have to say Business Law.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just meeting the teammates that have become brothers now.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team was he Carolina Panthers. My favorite player was LaDainian Tomlinson because growing up I played running back and he was the most dominant back in the league at that time.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Batman in any of his movies.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- LeBron James.
- Antonio Brown.
They are all three great role models
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King jr because what he did for this country.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman because I grew up watching him save the day.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard-work to me is a person putting in a great deal of effort to become better at something, or to be the best at something.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- You never know when it’s your time to be called on so be ready at any moment.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Market yourself don’t wait for your coaches to do that for you.
Why do you wear #16?
- I actually wear number 5 now but when I transferred 16 was all they had open, but I wear 5 because it’s always been my favorite number and I’ve worn that number since I was In Pop Warner.
What is the best part of your hometown, Gastonia, NC?
- It’s like one big family everybody knows everybody.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- I’m huge on LeBron.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One and FIFA.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Winning the first bowl game in Appalachian State football history.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- That this world would be equal.
- That everybody would love each other more.
- That we could stop all of the violence against one another.
What is your hidden talent?
- That I was really good in baseball coming out of high school.
If there is a book written about Mykelti Armstrong, what is the title?
- “Never Stop Pursing Your Dreams.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Dubai.
- Own a Dodge Challenger Demon.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- 13 Reasons Why on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Working on my craft more or watching film cut-ups.
If you could catch a TD from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Probably Cam Newton or Big Ben because they’ve been two of the best around for a while now.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Marian University football team?
- 60 catches 900 or better receiving yards 10 TD’s. The goal at Marian is to win a National Championship this year.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Mykelti Armstrong, what would they be?
- Hard working.