NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Marcus Green, WR/KR/PR, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Marcus Green
- University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Twitter: @Loaded_MAG3
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-Sun Belt First Team Return Specialist & All-Purpose.
- 27 KR – 876 yards – 32.44 YPR – 4 TDs.
- 13 PR – 101 yards – 7.77 YPR
- 54 rec – 812 yards – 15.04 YPR – 5 TDs.
What is your name?
- Marcus Antonio Green.
Where do you play College Football?
- The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver/ Kick Returner/ Punt Returner.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’8” 190 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played baseball all the way up until 9th. Basketball was my first love, started playing at the age of 3. You’d never believe me if I told you I could dunk. I have proof.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Derwin James, Florida State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to Young Dolph, Drake, Playboi Carti, Key Glock, Meek Mill, & I love music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Coach Ricard always balls up both fists and hammers down on my shoulder pads. It’s a must. It’s a way of saying “be tough out there.”
Who is your role model & why?
- My grandfather/Pastor, Rayfield Cameron. He has always conducted himself in the right way and always helps me make the right choices. Not once have I seen him handle something the wrong way. He’s the perfect example of how a man should carry himself.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite – Sports Management.
- Least Favorite – Trigonometry.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Living somewhere where I didn’t grow up and adjusting to the living and how everything works. Learning to be on my own.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I’ve always been a Steelers fan, dating back to the Jerome Bettis & Troy Polamalu era. Antonio Brown has to be my favorite player of all time!
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Spider-Man. I’ve always been a daredevil, never scared of anything. I could see myself just swinging around the city.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Dwyane Wade.
- Antonio Brown.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King. He’s one of the reasons I have friends of all different races and ethnicities. He definitely helped change this world.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Spider-Man. He’s not very big, but he’s strong, fast, and fearless. I feel like I meet the comparison.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Working intelligently and vigorously at a given task to complete it with maximum efficiency.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The biggest unexpected lesson college taught me is that I’m fully responsible for everything that happens to me and my success is almost entirely dependent on myself.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- “Hey kid, you’re going to play football in college, so go to football camps and basketball camps instead of just basketball.”
Why do you wear #3?
- Shemiah Carter, an old High school teammate, wore #3 and I always looked up to him. I just thought he was the greatest high school football players I’ve ever seen. I followed in his footsteps and tried to emulate my style of play after him.
What is the best part of your hometown, Pontotoc, MS?
- The whole city is like family. Everyone knows each other. Whether you went to the city school or the county school, at the end of the day everyone hung out together. The city is still growing.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- I can’t vouch for Jordan, because I didn’t grow up watching him play. I can say that LeBron is the greatest player that I’ve seen in my lifetime.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One; Fifa, Madden, NBA 2k, & occasionally Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being named an All-American Kick Returner and All-Purpose player. It definitely caught me off guard. I knew that I had a big year but I had no idea I put myself in the position to be named an All-American along side guys like Saquon Barkley & Baker Mayfield.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- That the people of the universe would love and help each other unselfishly.
- Destroy/Cure all forms of mental illness in all perpetuity.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can play the drums a little bit. I drum at church whenever I’m available.
If there is a book written about Marcus Green, what is the title?
- “Needle in the Haystack.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Have my own Brand.
- Visit all 50 States.
- Visit Bora Bora.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Last Chance U: Season 3.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Probably doing one of my hobbies like listening to music, playing Xbox, or hanging with my little brother.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Peyton Manning- In my eyes he is the greatest & smartest QB of all time.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Louisiana-Monroe football team?
- Individually, I want to have an equivalent season or surpass last year. For the team, I want to win the Sun Belt Championship and be bowl eligible.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Marcus Green, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- Where I’m from, seeing people not make it past college or even getting to live out their dream as a college athlete is very rare. So seeing the people that didn’t make it inspire me to keep pushing forward, no matter the obstacles.