Today a report came out from James Palmer that Denver Broncos general manager John Elway said Colin Kaepernick was offered a contract once before by the team, but he failed to accept it, so they moved on.
This is the exact quote, but there is something missing.
Elway on Kaepernick as an option for a vet backup QB spot: “Colin had his chance here. We offered him a contract. He didn’t take it. So, As I said it in my deposition, I don’t know if i’ll be legally able to say this, but he’s had his chance to be here. He passed it”
— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) August 16, 2018
While the Broncos were in fact looking to trade for Kaepernick, Elway is leaving out a huge part of the problem.
The Broncos wanted Kaepernick to take a 4.9 million dollar pay cut that Kaepernick had already agreed too. Here is a clipping of what happened and how it went down. The 49ers did not want to pay, and the Broncos were only willing to give up 7 million for Kaepernick. So the deal fell through. Kaepernick did not fail to sign with the Broncos, he would not cut his salary from 11.9 million to 7 million. That was the problem, Kaepernick did not just refuse to go to the Broncos.
The NFL is continue to bury itself in this collusion case. They might as well just offer Kaepernick a monster settlement because they are going to lose their butts on this deal.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Second Baylor football player who had has life ruined by rape allegations wins in court… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Drake Shows Off Ridiculous Indoor OVO Basketball Court ift.tt/2lBZAUZ
about 40 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:Former Carolina Panthers player sentenced to six years in prison for sexually abusing a teenager… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Transactions for July 16, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 47 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Kendall Jenner Responds To Meme About Her ‘NBA Boyfriends’ ift.tt/2k4fG9L
about 49 mins ago via IFTTT