NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Dom Bragalone
- Height: 5’ 11”
- Weight: 230 lbs
- Position: RB
- College: Lehigh University
- Twitter: @D_B_lll_32
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Williamsport, PA. Home of the Little League World Series. I love how Williamsport sits in a valley and how competitive we are in sports with our neighboring schools.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study: Mentally, you have to be prepared for all and everything your opponent may throw at you. If you know their tendencies, then you make the game much easier because you know what’ll happen before the ball is snapped.
- Practice: Practice makes perfect. Once you watch the film and understand the team you’re facing, it is time to execute your job.
- Strength and Conditioning: Strength and conditioning is physically important, but if somebody who is not physically gifted watches film and works hard at practice, then they will succeed. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog”.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not achieving my goals because of how much they mean to me, and the countless hours I’ve put in to get as far as I have today.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- 2018 Spring Maxing. I set my goal to be the #1 all time leader in squat and bench press at 640 and 465. When I came up short, I was upset because that meant a lot to me. To overcome my failure, I worked even harder, and when maxing day came around again, I tied the bench at 460 and got 2nd in squat at 620
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my best quality is my work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Tanoh Kpassagnon (Villanova DE)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Sports Psychologists
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because they are family and have been by my side for 21 years
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Stepping on a nail during wood shop in high school
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Being the first freshman ever at Lehigh to rush for 1,000 yards. I reached 1,000 on my last carry of the last game (40 yard TD)
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Heart of a champion by Nelly
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Having a confident/winner mentality
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- One of my grandfathers because I never got a chance to meet/talk to them before
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Dom’s Disco
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- No answer
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected: there will be people in life who don’t like you, even when you are succeeding. But people have to respect you if you never gave them a reason not to.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel – unreal athlete who couldn’t stay out of trouble
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Did You See This:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PB4lqPjyJb
about 23 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago