NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Cory Contini, WR, Ohio Dominican University
- Cory Contini
- Ohio Dominican University
- Twitter: @cjcontini
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- G-MAC Offensive Back of the Year – First Team All-Great Midwest – First Team All-D2CCA Super Region One.
- 72 rec – 1,186 yards – 16.47 YPR – 14 TDs.
What is your name?
- Cory Contini.
Where do you play College Football?
- Ohio Dominican University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 195 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played football , basketball, baseball in high school but also played soccer and ran track as a kid.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Aaron Ivory – DB from Findlay.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I like listening to Travis Scott before games.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t have any.
Who is your role model & why?
- LeBron James. The way he handles himself on and off the floor is a pleasure to see.
You are an Accounting major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I’m a big numbers guy.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I like all of my accounting classes the most, but I dislike courses involving literature.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting new people and making new friends.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I am a Browns fan (unfortunately) and I enjoy watching Antonio Brown because he isn’t the biggest guy but he runs great routes and knows how to get open.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Remember the Titans – Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James.
- Pope Francis.
- Julius Caesar.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abraham Lincoln, the way he changed America for the better was remarkable.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman, I’ve always loved the Batman movies.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Having a goal in mind and putting in the time and effort to achieve that goal.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I realized how much my parents do for me and will never take that for granted.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell myself to not be so caught up in social media.
Why do you wear #4?
- It’s been a number that I have liked ever since I was little.
What is the best part of your hometown, Dover, OH?
- The people. The whole town basically shuts down for Friday night football games.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron everytime.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One (better competition). I play Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being an Academic All-American twice.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Wish I could sing.
- Wish I could fly.
- Unlimited amount of money.
What is your hidden talent?
- I’m great at Guitar Hero.
If there is a book written about Cory Contini, what is the title?
- “Contini with the Catch.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Meet LeBron.
- See the Mona Lisa.
- Visit Italian relatives in Italy.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Play video games and listen to music.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, he’s the greatest of all time.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Ohio Dominican University football team?
- Win GMAC and make Playoffs.
- 1st Team All-American.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Cory Contini, what would they be?