- Cody Leonard
- Quincy University
- Twitter: @CodyLeonard35
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 GLVC All-Conference First Team.
- 110 Total Tackles – 14.5 TFL – 4.0 Sacks – 2 FF – 2 FR.
What is your name?
- Cody Leonard.
Where do you play College Football?
- Quincy University.
What position do you play?
- Middle Linebacker/Long Snapper.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 230 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played basketball, baseball, and track & field.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College
- Eric Saubert (Drake TE, drafted by the Atlanta Falcons).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to a variety of music, mostly rap but also some Kid Rock and Metallica.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Before every game I eat a package of blueberry pop tarts.
Who is your role model & why?
- Michael Jordan, he is the biggest competitor I have ever seen play in any sport and the amount of success he had over the course of his career is something I will forever strive for in all aspects of my life.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite Class – Film Appreciation.
- Least Favorite – Accounting.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Becoming close to and making great memories with the people that I have met while attending Quincy University. I have made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team was the Chicago Bears because that was the team that was closest to me and I always loved the way their defense played. My favorite player was Brian Urlacher, he was the leader of my favorite team and always played with so much aggressiveness and enthusiasm, I wanted to be like him on the football field.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- James Bond: GoldenEye, I would play James Bond
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Johnny Cash.
- Brian Urlacher.
- Michael Jordan.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Jackie Robinson, because he changed the face of sports and had a tremendous impact on how we play sports today.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Goku. He has superhuman strength, speed, durability, senses and can read minds. Not only is he an amazing superhero, but also a pretty great guy.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Setting goals and doing anything in your power to crush those goals. Knowing that if you want something bad enough that it’s not always going to come easy, and you are going to have to be willing to put in whatever work necessary to accomplish it. Doing what others won’t and getting out of your comfort zone to reach your goals, no matter the obstacles that you might face.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- To never burn popcorn in the middle of the night and set off the fire alarm because a lot of people will be upset with you.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To enjoy everything while you can because time goes by a lot faster than you think.
Why do you wear #22?
- When I was in high school we had an upperclassman on our defense that was a great player and a guy that I really looked up too. He played with a ton of passion, aggressiveness, and was our “hard hitter” on the team. Once he graduated I decided to use his number and try to keep up that type of play to keep the legacy of #22 going.
What is the best part of your Carrollton, IL,?
- It’s a small town but the amount of love and support that the whole town gives out is bar none. I have lived their almost my whole life and the people are amazing and have so much pride in the town they live in.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One. Playing Fortnite Battle Royale.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Breaking Carrollton’s 20 plus year-old school record in high jump.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I only need one wish, and it would be for unlimited wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can do a triple front flip off a diving board.
If there is a book written about Cody Leonard, what is the title?
- “The Natural.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Cliff Jump off a large cliff.
- Go sky diving.
- Visit the 7 wonders of the world.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Eat a good meal and take a nap.
If you could tackle one NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Bo Jackson, because he is the best athlete to ever play.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Quincy University football team?
- Individual Goals- Break Quincy University’s career tackle record and become an All-American.
- Team Goals- Win a GLVC Conference Championship and get a ring.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Cody Leonard, what would they be?