Today, Green Bay Packers made Aaron Rodgers a very happy and rich man. The former Cal-Berkley gunslinger became the highest paid football player in the National Football League’s history. Just how much will Aaron Rodgers receive?
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport followed up by reporting that the deal is a four-year, $134 million extension. The deal will pay him $80 million by March.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the total deal will be worth $176-180 million, with $103 million “practically” guaranteed.
That is a ton of money folks. Rodgers’ deal will set a new standard in the NFL. Will future quarterback free agents match or top his $100 million guaranteed? That will be the question you have to ask yourself.
If Rodgers, the top quarterback, got $100 million guaranteed, imagine what Defensive MVP Aaron Donald and Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack, may ask?
If Mack or Donald can somehow land 85 million guaranteed the NFL will have a new bar set for their contracts. Every NFL player should be smiling today after seeing Rodgers contract.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Rashaad Penny Injury Update, Limit your expectations moving forward… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Last Chance:Texas State’s All-Conference defensive back Khambrail Winters shot and killed in Texas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Seahawks are working out WR Darvin Kidsy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darvin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/L03No3mXgb
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Gardner Minshew Injury Update, Is Minshew’s time in J-Ville done?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago