Today, Green Bay Packers made Aaron Rodgers a very happy and rich man. The former Cal-Berkley gunslinger became the highest paid football player in the National Football League’s history. Just how much will Aaron Rodgers receive?
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport followed up by reporting that the deal is a four-year, $134 million extension. The deal will pay him $80 million by March.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the total deal will be worth $176-180 million, with $103 million “practically” guaranteed.
That is a ton of money folks. Rodgers’ deal will set a new standard in the NFL. Will future quarterback free agents match or top his $100 million guaranteed? That will be the question you have to ask yourself.
If Rodgers, the top quarterback, got $100 million guaranteed, imagine what Defensive MVP Aaron Donald and Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack, may ask?
If Mack or Donald can somehow land 85 million guaranteed the NFL will have a new bar set for their contracts. Every NFL player should be smiling today after seeing Rodgers contract.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Meet YouTube Star Briana Monique, First Official Trailer for ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ & No-look tag from Cubs’ Javier Ba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago via IFTTT
- Tips on buying the TV sound bars ift.tt/2Yf8YQg
about 7 hours ago via IFTTT
- We have been watching @LastChanceU and @kailondavis1 is one of my favorites. This kid needs a shot. Keep getting after that QB big guy!!
about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is Planning to Leave the Country Instead of Attending Training Camp ift.tt/2SrXkfm
about 11 hours ago via IFTTT
- These three players deserve a much higher Madden Rating, they were robbed - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden…
about 12 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone