Today, Green Bay Packers made Aaron Rodgers a very happy and rich man. The former Cal-Berkley gunslinger became the highest paid football player in the National Football League’s history. Just how much will Aaron Rodgers receive?
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport followed up by reporting that the deal is a four-year, $134 million extension. The deal will pay him $80 million by March.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the total deal will be worth $176-180 million, with $103 million “practically” guaranteed.
That is a ton of money folks. Rodgers’ deal will set a new standard in the NFL. Will future quarterback free agents match or top his $100 million guaranteed? That will be the question you have to ask yourself.
If Rodgers, the top quarterback, got $100 million guaranteed, imagine what Defensive MVP Aaron Donald and Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack, may ask?
If Mack or Donald can somehow land 85 million guaranteed the NFL will have a new bar set for their contracts. Every NFL player should be smiling today after seeing Rodgers contract.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kansas City Chiefs Fantasy Football Preview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/kansas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/G1qiRYvfM1
about 29 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/97SNc3sJMN
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Player Interview: Donnie Corley, WR, Texas Southern nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/that-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Donta Marshall, DT, Central State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/donta-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/sage-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VxKqhiWPFN
about 47 mins ago