The Supplemental Draft is coming up, and this year we are likely to see one or two players selected. There has been tons of chatter around Sam Beal the cornerback of Western Michigan. All 32 NFL teams showed up to his pro day and I am not surprised. He is just one of several solid players available this year.
The NFL has sent out an email to all NFL teams mentioning five players who were deemed eligible, and they are:
- Adonis Alexander, DB – Virginia Tech
- Sam Beal, DB – Western Michigan
- Brandon Bryant, DB – Mississippi State
- Martayveus Carter, RB – Grand Valley State
- Bright Ugwoegbu, LB – Oregon State
The Draft will continue until all players have been selected or seven rounds have been completed, whichever occurs first. Each round will last 10 minutes.
If a player is selected in a given round, the selecting club will forfeit its selection in the same round in the April 2019 Draft.
Priority in the Supplemental Draft will be established by a weighted lottery, which will be conducted on the morning of the Supplemental Draft. The supplemental draft order is different from the regular draft order. Teams are separated into three groups based on the previous season; the first group are non-playoff teams that had six or fewer wins. The second group are non-playoff teams with more six wins. And the final group are playoff teams. The order in those groups are determined by a weighted lottery with the teams with the fewest wins given the best chance to win the earliest picks. Bids for players are submitted blindly by teams with the round that given team would want to select a given player.
Clubs will be notified of the priority for the Supplemental Draft shortly before 1:00 p.m. Once the Draft has begun, no further trades involving draft choices will be accepted until it is over. The order of each round will reflect any previously completed trades.
Here are some of the best players recently to be selected in a Supplemental Draft.
- Josh Gordon, Browns, 2012, Round 2
- Terrelle Pryor, Raiders, 2011, Round 3
- Jared Gaither, Ravens, 2007, Round 5
- Ahmad Brooks, Bengals, 2006, Round 3
The 2018 NFL Supplemental Draft will take place July 11 at 1:00 pm.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z0x3E3jK0L
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- One of the best players in the FCS! He tore it up this year @Cameron7Ward is a manimal! twitter.com/uiwfootball/st…
about 3 hours ago