- Justice Bishop
- Union College
- Twitter: @justice_bishop
- 68 Total Tackles – 9.5 TFL – 5 Sacks – 1 FR – 1 INT.
What is your name?
- Justice Bishop.
Where do you play College Football?
- Union College.
What position do you play?
- Defensive End.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 235lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played baseball until middle school and was a starter for my high school basketball team.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Jordan Heldreth (OL) from Southeastern University.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Kevin Gates and Kendrick Lamar.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I just like to focus on the game plan and lock in.
Who is your role model & why?
- My father, because he taught me the value of hard work. He showed me from a young age that I could accomplish anything I wanted with lots of hard work and perseverance.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class has been Business Management with an emphasis on sports management. My least favorite class has been General Biology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Creating relationships with people all over the United States and being able to see and learn the different cultures from all these people.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL Team is the Philadelphia Eagles. Growing up i loved watching Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Brian Dawkins, and Terrell Owens. My favorite NFL players were Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins. I just loved how they played with so much emotion and passion because they loved the game so much.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Remember the Titans and big Julius Campbell. The co-captain of the defense.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Denzel Washington, Kobe Bryant, and Ray Lewis.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr, so i could sit down and just pick his brain and see how he handled being the voice of a whole race and see how it felt to be on such a huge platform and be loved and hated by so many.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman, because to me he is just like the center of superheroes. When I was younger that’s what my family used to call me when I played football games. So, I try to think of myself as Superman when i’m on the field and that I can do anything.
What is your definition of hard work?
- By going beyond what is expected of you. 7 days a week getting better. In every aspect such as in the weightroom, field work, film study, and just in life. Just simply GRIND.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That not everyone wants what best for you even if you want what’s best for him.
You are a Sports Management major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I love the other side of the sports world as well. Everyone sees the games in the NFL and NBA but i like the behind scenes work and how these are put together and how the business side of the NFL takes place.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Never lose focus of the goal at hand. Whether that is dealing with football, basketball, family or school. Just always give everything youve got into what your goals are.
Why do you wear #50?
- My freshman year in high school I wore number 44 but i had to play O-Line so i had to change numbers. So i chose 50. I played linebacker all throughout high school until my senior year and to me 50 seemed like a good number for a mike backer. Also, I enjoy watching Justin Houston. He is one of my favorite DEs to watch and he wears number 50.
What is the best part of your hometown, Greensburg, KY?
- The best part is that it’s such a small town. I am an inspiration to the youth and am someone they can look up too. Also, when i go back home for a weekend or for a sporting event everyone ask me about how the season went and talk to me about individual games. They keep with how me and my team do throughout the season. I am a role model in my hometown and enjoy every time I get to visit.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- If i had to choose, it would be LeBron because he is just a physical freight train of a player that is unguardable. But my real choice would have to be a third option, Kobe Bryant. I just love his work ethic and his killer mentality.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One, I don’t play games much but when i do it is always NBA2K and Madden.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being a leader to my teammates and representing my school as i was selected to the 2018 Collegiate All-Commonwealth Team.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Win a national championship, talk to my great grandparents again, have the money to buy my parents the Camaro they want.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can juggle very well.
If there is a book written about Justice Bishop, what is the title?
- The Underdog: That Made It.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play professional football.
- Win a national championship.
- Go skydiving.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I don’t have time to binge watch anything. But I do like watching The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would choose to be on the field doing d-line technique drills and working on my craft.
If you could sack one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Michael Vick, he was just so elusive and slippery. It would be an amazing feeling to take down one of the best at getting out of sacks.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Union College football team?
- Individually I want to be a leader to my teammates, have double digit sacks, be named 1st team all conference, and be named an all american. For my team, my goals are that we have a winning season, win a conference championship, and make it back to the playoffs.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Justice Bishop, what would they be?
- Passionate, Relentless, Dedicated.