The Montreal Alouettes announced on Tuesday that Manziel would start Friday’s game against his former team, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
On Monday, Mike Sherman the former Texas A&M coach gave clues that Johnny Manziel would be named the starter.
“We didn’t trade for Johnny to have him sit on the bench, so obviously, Johnny’s come over here to get reps and become the best player he can become, and we stated that process today,” Sherman said, via CBC. “You probably all figured it out yourself, but when you have two players you wait till game time to make that announcement.
“It doesn’t make sense to do it any sooner.”
I have a feeling Johnny Manziel is going to be electrifying in his first career start in the CFL. What do you think? Will Johnny fail or have a huge week?
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ESPN Makes Statement on LaVar Ball Hitting on Molly Qerim on Live TV bit.ly/2x4mBlO
about 13 mins ago via IFTTT
- Cardinals Matt Carpenter Beats Extreme Shift with a Bunt for a Double bit.ly/2IRKCSP
about 23 mins ago via IFTTT
- Golfer Walks Straight From U.S. Open to His Graduation bit.ly/2KvMrIz
about 34 mins ago via IFTTT
- Danny Green Reveals What Warriors Players Said after Klay Thompson’s ACL Injury bit.ly/2WQCOL4
about 54 mins ago via IFTTT
- Kyrie Irving Has ‘Ghosted’ Celtics Ahead Of Free Agency bit.ly/2FieCGi
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT