In a recent interview with Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, Dickerson was asked what player he thought would break his single season rushing record. He was very upfront, and said he thinks Ezekiel Elliott could possibly break his record.
[Ezekiel Elliott] could possibly [break my single-season rushing record], but like I said, I don’t see it right now. When I see that guy, you’ll know. A lot of guys like Todd, he is special. He really is. Le’Veon [Bell], he is special. Zeke, he is special. Those are special players, but I just don’t see that 2,100-yard guy yet. I could be wrong.
When Adrian Peterson came out of college, when I saw him I said, “Now this guy has a chance to beat that record.” I said it right away. He got 2,000 yards. He didn’t break it, which I am glad of, but he got 2,000 yards. That record is just hard because everything has to go right. It really does.
Here is the rest of the interview. Dickerson is one of my favorite running backs, because he ran with such power and speed. I too feel Zeke could break the record behind that line.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: TJ Morrison, DB, Stony Brook University
about 33 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dillon Stoner, WR, Oklahoma State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/dillon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- ICYMI:A black high school football player from Illinois forced to sit in locker stuffed with banana peels (Disturbi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- NFL is forcing their employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine or else they will restrict their duties… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 13, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago