- DaVondrick Lison
- Southern Arkansas University
- Twitter: VonnieBravo
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 GAC Defensive Player of the Year.
- 2017 All-GAC First Team.
- D2CAA All-Super Region 3 First-Team.
- AFCA Second-Team All-American.
- 53 Total Tackles – 16.5 TFL – 7.5 Sacks – 2 FF.
What is your name?
- DaVondrick Lison.
Where do you play College Football?
- Southern Arkansas University.
What position do you play?
- Defensive End.
What is your height/weight?
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 230lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Track: 400M Dash & High Jump.
- Basketball my 12th grade year.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Kevin Bowen (OL) from East Central University.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to all types of music before a game, but my favorite is my close guy who is a rapper who goes by Rodney “King Supah” Jackson.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My parents because without them I wouldn’t be here. They make sure my head on straight & they keep me motivated.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite Class: Gang Behavior.
- Least Favorite: Sociology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Never had a favorite NFL Team growing up.
- My favorite NFL player growing up was Terrell Owens because he was the best receiver at that time & I thought I was the best receiver in my class back then. But receiver was definitely not for me.
You were named the 2017 GAC Defensive Player of the Year & named to the 2017 All-GAC First Team. What was it like to receive both of those honors?
- It was honor to receive everything I was awarded in the 2017 season. I never thought I would’ve earned Defensive Player of the Year. I was just too excited since I barely played in any games my 2016 season due to a high ankle sprain I suffered in my 2nd game that season.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The Avengers & I would want to be the HULK.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Von Miller.
- Lebron James.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr., because he was so determined to make the world a better place.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The HULK because he can’t be beat.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing the best you can doesn’t matter what you’re facing or who is watching.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- BE YOURSELF!
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Stop playing so much and focus.
Why do you wear #9?
- 9 is my favorite number and it brings me nothing but good luck.
What is the best part of your hometown, Arkansas City, AR?
- The Peacefulness.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4: Madden 18.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- During the 2017 season when I scored my first college touchdown against Harding University after a blocked punt.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To be a Billionaire.
- To have the power to go INVISIBLE.
- To be SUPER STRONG.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can mow grass in a straight line.
If there is a book written about DaVondrick Lison, what is the title?
- The Kid from Nowhere.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Sky Diving.
- Go to California.
- Own a Lamborghini.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Netflix: The Walking Dead.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- To go back to my home town to help my dad catch up on all his mowing.
If you could sack one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady because he is the greatest of all time. Just want to be able to say I sacked the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Southern Arkansas University football team?
- For me to be the best player and leader, on and off the field.
- For us to be the best TEAM we can be.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in DaVondrick Lison, what would they be?
- Passionate, Dedicated, Hard-worker.