NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Bryan Allen, RB, Arkansas Tech University.
- Bryan Allen
- Arkansas Tech University
- Twitter: @BA_Legendary
- 183 carries – 977 yards – 5.34 YPR – 10 TDs
What is your name?
- Bryan Allen.
Where do you play College Football?
- I play at Arkansas Tech University.
What position do you play?
- Running back and kick return.
What is your height/weight?
- I’m 5’10″ and a solid 194lbs..
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- In high school I ran track but other than that it’s been strictly football.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- There’s not a single person that I can point out, but collectively Southwestern Oklahoma State’s defense in 2015, and Southern Arkansas’s defenses in 2017 were pretty tough on me.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Honestly, I listen to a lot of old school R&B. I may throw a little hip-hop in every other song, but R&B keeps me settled.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Not a very superstitious guy, but my pregame ritual is go out about an hour before the game to get loose and run a bit, catch a few balls, then jog to cool down. Once that’s over I come in and shower, get dressed, and get ready to show everyone why I’m the best player on the field.
Who is your role model & why?
- Our Trainer Mr. Duke has taught me so much from my freshman year to now. He’s played a very instrumental role in me maturing into my adulthood.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I had a professor my sophomore year named Dr. Reader and he made class exceptionally enjoyable. My least favorite has to be Spanish.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- The guys that I’ve met here freshman year are still the guys that I talk to everyday. If it wasn’t for those guys, college would be a drag for me.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I’m a hard New York Giants fan. I fell in love with the run game of Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs. Those were two unselfish teammates that not only carried the team, but carried each other as well. Almost similar to Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara for the Saints.
- My favorite play of all time is Deion Sanders. I just dig his savviness.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If another Toy Story movie was ever to come out, I’d like to be a character in it. That would be pretty dope.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Carter G Woodson, Jay-Z, and J.Cole. I feel like their intellectual levels go unknown or are unappreciated.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- President Mugabe, former prime minister of Zimbabwe. I’d like to pick at his brain and figure his influences and motivation.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Our athletic trainer here calls me Flash so that kind of stuck with me. Other than that, I’m not big on heroes. Our trainer is really the best superhero of them all.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is all out effort. Giving it your all and pushing your limits. With limitations, you’ll never know your highest potential.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Being quiet and knowing your right is better than trying to persuade everyone that you’re right.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To freshman year BA, “Don’t ever get discouraged due to circumstances. You are the master of your own fate.”
Why do you wear #25?
- When I was younger I played small ball with a guy named Antonio McNutt and I kind of modeled everything he did. He wore #5 for city ball, so then I wore #5 in City ball. Once he got to school ball he wore #25, so I followed that as well. Now it has just become my thing.
What is the best part of your hometown, Forrest City, AR?
- Forrest City isn’t the prettiest, nicest place to live, but the town made it all the more enjoyable in my opinion. Forrest City is like a trap, not too many of us make it out. I’m just grateful I’m able to say I did.
Who do you choose, Jordan or Lebron?
- I never watched Jordan play a single game. But from statistic and highlights that I’ve seen, no one ever controlled a game like he did. The closest thing we’ll ever get to Jordan is Kobe. People seem to forget that.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I’m a PS4 man. Whenever we get a little down time outside of school and football, me and the guys get pretty competitive playing Madden or NBA 2K. So whenever Justin or KJ comes over, it’s like the Super Bowl or the finals with the levels of intensity.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- A memorable moment is when my sophomore spring had came around. It was a semester where I was very hands on and I helped a lot of younger backs see the main scheme. I would teach them how to set blocks up and play off defenders. Then I saw what I was teaching get executed. That made me feel pretty good.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To have my family taken care of forever.
- To see my goals unfold.
- 3 more wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- People don’t know this, but I can make some mean dishes. I’m top dog when it comes to cooking or grilling.
If there is a book written about Bryan Allen, what is the title?
- “The fact of the matter is…”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- To have my own record label and clothing line.
- To visit the origins of Africa.
- Win a national award.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I’m not a big TV person, I catch Person Of Interest every now and then on Netflix. I’m real big on dissecting conspiracy theories as well.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Either read, or try to pour my knowledge into someone else, young or old.
If you could run over one NFL LB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Honestly, whichever LB happens to be in gap A or B. I’ve never thought of a guy that I really just wanted to face off with, i just want them all.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Arkansas Tech football team?
- Individually, I’m looking to break the record for most yards in a career and in a season, leaving my stamp permanently on the university. For the team, we always strive for conference.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Bryan Allen, what would they be?
- From the man side, they’re getting a devoted, positive image that is professional and has a strong individual personality. From the football side, no one can do what I do with a ball in my hand, that’s simple.