Marcel Dareus has been a headache for law enforcement ever since he entered the NFL. Last year the Buffalo Bills practically gave him away to the Jacksonville Jaguars after he missed team meetings, and had several run-ins with the law. Now Dareus is under the heat again from Law Enforcement. While this is just an allegation, it is a serious one. According to a report form Jacksonville.com, Dareus is being accused of sexual assault on a female from Texas and she is claiming he gave her herpes.
In the complaint, the woman said she and Dareus, 28, went on a date in Houston on or about April 7 and spent the night together in a hotel. The complaint states the woman woke up the following morning in pain and was unable to remember anything after the two ordered room service the previous night. Dareus informed the woman that they had sex.
The complaint further states the two saw each other the following two days and had sex on each occasion. The woman began experiencing symptoms related to the sexually transmitted disease later in the week and was diagnosed with herpes by a doctor.
The complaint requests a jury trial, saying Dareus caused the woman to “suffer severe physical and mental injuries, including, but not limited to, past and future medical costs, past and future pharmaceutical costs, past and future physical pain and suffering, past and future mental anguish.”
Dareus is the defendant in another lawsuit filed in December by a Las Vegas woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted in January 2017 following a party that Dareus attended in Tampa. A motion by Dareus to dismiss the lawsuit is scheduled to be heard Aug. 9.
Dareus now has two open cases on him for sexual assault. This has to make you wonder, because where there is smoke there is usually fire. It will be interesting to see what happens in the case. Remember he is innocent until proven GUILTY, we fail to remember that sometimes and make assumptions.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Colten Menges, LS, Alcorn State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/colten… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIgByKZQng
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X5Gr1B4R0p
about 38 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Is Expanding nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/that-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B7IEsGbfKj
about 45 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1tJRoWfKQ4
about 54 mins ago
- Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Malik Davis, Defensive Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/malik-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZuqQ0mL7oE
about 2 hours ago