Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones demands that his players stand for the anthem. He was given praise from the United States President on Twitter, but the folks around the NFL did not like what Jerry said.
Way to go Jerry. This is what the league should do! https://t.co/yEP1jK57xi
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 27, 2018
The league is trying to negotiate another revision to the policy with the N.F.L. Players Association, but Jerry and his son Stephen made it clear you cannot protest the Anthem as a Cowboy.
Jones said that all his players must stand on the field, and cannot remain in the locker room, which threw a wrench into the already fraught talks.
Jones’s son Stephen went further on Thursday, suggesting that the Cowboys would cut any player who disobeyed the team’s policy, per New York Times.
Malcolm Jenkins, the Philadelphia Eagles’ outspoken safety and captain, called Jones a “bully” on Friday.
“I think it’s unfortunate that you have owners like him that use his position to intimidate and intentionally thwart even the idea of his players thinking individually or having a voice about issues that affect their communities daily, which is unfortunate,” Jenkins told reporters.
This is interesting but Dak Prescott the Cowboys quarterback made it clear he would stand for the Anthem.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Karson Schoening, OC, North Dakota State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/karson…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Isaiah Chambers, EDGE, McNeese State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaiah… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9tPqYtv25v
about 37 mins ago
- Why More Pay Cuts Will End Hopes of MLB in 2020 ift.tt/2zzgOde
about 49 mins ago
- David Price to pay Dodgers’ Minor Leaguers ift.tt/2TOB2pV
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kyle Fourtenbary, TE, University of Northern Iowa nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kyle-f… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago