NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Wanya Allen, WR, Shepherd University
- Wanya Allen
- Shepherd University
- Twitter: @BigYeezy5
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- All-MEC Second Team
- 53 rec – 721 yards – 13.60 YPR – 12 TDs
What is your name?
- Wanya Allen.
Where do you play College Football?
- Shepherd University.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball since I was 10.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Cornerback from Concord #2 (Jeremiah Johnson).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- The Resistance by Drake.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Always have to go talk to my family before my games.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mother because she’s a hard worker.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class probably is CPR. Least favorite are Math and English.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Becoming friends with people who will probably be in my wedding one day.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Redskins and Sean Taylor because he was beast and that was on of my first jerseys as a kid.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- The Patriot. I would play the role of Mel Gibson.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James, Drake and Obama.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Albert Einstein because I believe if I sat and talked to him for a couple hours, his knowledge will rub off on me.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman because he can do just about anything.
What is your definition of hard work?
- When you put your mind to something and go out there and do the little things that no one sees to accomplish your goal.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College.
- Never give up on your goal because if you keep working and fighting for it, one day you will be achieve it.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Hit the weight room and work hard in the classroom/ on the field.
Why do you wear #13?
- Mike Evans wears 13 and that’s who I look up to as a football player right now.
What is the best part of your hometown, Sterling, VA?
- People here are real nice and successful so they try to help others be successful.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron James.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox one. This hot game out right now is Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My freshman year traveling to Kansas City to play for the National Championship.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- My family would never have to work again, got my dream car and house, and be able to play in the NFL.
What is your hidden talent?
- Pretty good Pool player.
If there is a book written about Wanya Allen, what is the title?
- We all struggle, but here’s Wanya Allen’s solution.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel across the country, parachute from a plane, and swim with sharks.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The 100 by Jason Rothenberg.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Go on a hike with my dog Wendle.
If you could catch a TD from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Michael Vick because he was my favorite QB when I was a kid.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Shepherd University football team?
- My goal is to be 1st all conference and earn All- region accolades. Team goal is to finish undefeated in conference and make it to the National Championship.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Wanya Allen what would they be?
- Persistent, Motivated, and Committed.