- Taeron Brown
- University of Pikeville
- Twitter: @_Day1Dreams
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All Mid-South Conference Appalachian Division First Team.
- 99 Total Tackles – 3.0 TFL – 1 INT – 1 FF – 2 FR – 3 TDs.
What is your name?
- Taeron Brown.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of Pikeville.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0” 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played baseball and basketball growing up.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- There’s been a lot of good players. It’s college everyone can play but there’s never a player to tough for me.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Meek Mill (Dreams & Nightmares).
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No I don’t. Game day is just another day; it’s time for preparation to meet opportunity.
Who is your role model & why?
- Tyrann Mathieu because he’s a perfect example of not giving up on your dreams no matter what life throws at you. You may stumble; you may fall, but don’t ever stay down and always work hard. They can’t measure your heart.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class has been my Entrepreneurship class & my least favorite has been Stats.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Being involved in the community and showing people it’s always bigger than the game of football.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Chicago Bears were my favorite team & my favorite player was Devin Hester because he was a play-maker and could turn games around if the ball got in his hands. Very exciting to watch in person also.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would want to play in Deep Blue Sea and play LL Cool J.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- I would have dinner with my older cousin Rajaan Bennett. Strong leader with a strong voice. My second choice would be Dwayne Wade. He’s always been my favorite player. Lastly Will Smith. I feel I could learn a lot from him.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr, because his impact on our community is something special.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite super hero is Flash. He inspires me to become faster.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is that hard work is undefeated. Just having the talents isn’t enough anymore. Hard work will take your game to the next level.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The most unexpected lesson I’ve learned was that you can’t trust your own timing. Strong faith in God’s timing will get you through anything. His timing is always perfect.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell myself being different is ok. Not everybody has the same path in life so embrace your life and anything it throws at you.
Why do you wear #5?
- I wear #5 because it’s my older cousin Rajaan Bennett’s number. He passed away during his high school years but made a major impact on his community. He was a leader on and off the field and someone I looked up to. Keeping 5 alive is something I work hard at.
What is the best part of your hometown, Douglassville, GA?
- Best part of my hometown is seeing my barber every week.
Whom do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, I’m not really into games but if I’m ever playing it’s either Madden or 2K.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment has been getting my study hall hours done so the team won’t be punished.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- My first wish would be to fly. My second wish would be free gas forever. My third wish would be no poverty.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can BBQ.
If there is a book written about Taeron Brown, what is the title?
- Eyes haven’t seen, Ears haven’t heard.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Skydiving, deep sea fishing, hit a half-court shot at halftime at a NBA game.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Last Chance U on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would use it to read more. Reading is something I would like to pick back up on.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because he always puts the ball in the perfect spot. If I picked him off it would be like doing everything perfect to be in perfect position for the INT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Pikeville football team?
- Defensive Player of the Year. First Team All-American. First Team All-Conference. As a team making the playoffs for the first time. Winning our Conference.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Taeron Brown, what would they be?
- Leader, Aggressive, Knowledgeable.