Is your team looking for a defensive back? If so the Supplemental Draft could be the place to look. Mississippi State safety Brandon Bryant, Western Michigan cornerback Sam Beal and Virginia Tech cornerback Adonis Alexander are all petitioning to enter the Supplemental Draft.
No players were selected in the past two summers, with only one, offensive tackle Isaiah Battle (Rams), going in 2015.
The last time more than one player was selected in the supplemental draft was 2010 when the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys invested seventh-round picks in former BYU running back Harvey Unga and Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent.
More than two players being selected in the supplemental draft has only occurred twice — in 1989 and 1987 — when a total of eight players were picked, including four (QBs Steve Walsh, Timm Rosenbach, RB Bobby Humphrey and Bosworth) with first-round tenders.
Players not selected are considered street free agents and can be signed by clubs following the draft.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Anthony Rizzo Broke the Budweiser Sign at Wrigley with a Monster Home Run bit.ly/2Qh4Ngm
about 11 mins ago via IFTTT
- Congrats twitter.com/bigplay_dave/s…
about 50 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- This is cool twitter.com/apple/status/1…
about 51 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Because we want the NFL to change their policies on pain management twitter.com/autumnsjs90/st…
about 52 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Sam Phillips, TE, Louisiana College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/sam-ph… #2020
about 55 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone