Is your team looking for a defensive back? If so the Supplemental Draft could be the place to look. Mississippi State safety Brandon Bryant, Western Michigan cornerback Sam Beal and Virginia Tech cornerback Adonis Alexander are all petitioning to enter the Supplemental Draft.
No players were selected in the past two summers, with only one, offensive tackle Isaiah Battle (Rams), going in 2015.
The last time more than one player was selected in the supplemental draft was 2010 when the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys invested seventh-round picks in former BYU running back Harvey Unga and Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent.
More than two players being selected in the supplemental draft has only occurred twice — in 1989 and 1987 — when a total of eight players were picked, including four (QBs Steve Walsh, Timm Rosenbach, RB Bobby Humphrey and Bosworth) with first-round tenders.
Players not selected are considered street free agents and can be signed by clubs following the draft.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Why has this show never been brought back? It was the best show ever as a child.
about 48 mins ago
- I am headed to church this morning. If you are in need of prayer please dm me. I would like to lift you or your l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jordon Scott, DT, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jordon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/c5XeOt2Y7E
about 54 mins ago
- Trenchmen’s Corner| Daviyon Nixon Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago