- Parker Shaunfield
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Twitter: @ParksShaunfield
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 C-USA Football First Team All-Conference Team.
- 17-20 FGs – 42-44 PATs
What is your name?
- Parker Shaunfield.
Where do you play College Football?
- The University of Southern Mississippi.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 180lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played soccer since I was 4 and football starting in 5th grade.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- As a kicker I don’t go head on with players, but the best kicker I competed against would have to be the kicker before me at Southern Miss Corey Acosta, La. Tech kicker Jonathan Barnes, or Kentucky’s Austin MacGinnis.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes. I typically listen to Texas country music such as Ryan Bingham, Parker McCollum, Randy Rogers Band, and Pat Green to name a few.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No not really, but I like my cleats to be the perfect amount of tightness.
Who is your role model & why?
- Dan Bailey. He plays for my favorite NFL team and I enjoyed watching him during his college career. Also, I like to think that we are very similar when it comes to kicking as we are the same size. His consistency impresses me and motivates me to be more like him as a kicker.
You are an Engineering major, what made you pursue that subject?
- I have always been fascinated with the way buildings, roads, bridges, and other things are made.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Building structures/Static and strengths of materials has been my favorite,
- World Literature is my least favorite.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- I have had numerous great experiences the past four years at USM such as attending different sporting events.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Dallas Cowboys and Jason Witten. He is the type of guy that does his job at the highest level in the world and is still extremely humble and is always giving back to the community.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Talladega Nights & Ricky Bobby because Will Ferrell is awesome and growing up I wanted to be a NASCAR Driver.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Adam Vinatieri, Theodore Roosevelt, and Jerry Jones.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- William B Travis. Being from Texas I am fascinated with its history and would love to hear him talk about The Battle of the Alamo.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman because he is always protecting the people of his city and has cool cars/gadgets.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work means going above and beyond what is asked to reach a goal that may seem impossible.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Regardless of where you came from, how big and strong you are, or how highly recruited you are take the opportunity you have been given and make the best of it.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Don’t let others negative comments and doubts affect your attitude and motivation. If you have a dream, go out there and chase it regardless of what people think of you.
Why do you wear #21?
- In high school I was given #12 so when I got to college I wanted to wear the same number, but I was given 93 my freshmen year. After my first year the seniors left so numbers had opened up but not 12 so I chose 21 because it was 12 backwards.
What is the best part of your hometown, Aledo, TX?
- It is a tight knit small town that backs the high school’s athletics like a big time university and everyone knows everyone. Also, this is where I met my fiancé while in high school at Aledo.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t have a PS4 or Xbox One.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Going 3/3 to help beat Kentucky at home for the season opener in 2016 and going 4/4 to help beat La Tech in overtime in 2017.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Be financially set, have a happy healthy life, and find a cure for cancer.
What is your hidden talent?
- I am pretty good at any kind of water sport such as wake-boarding and wake surfing.
If there is a book written about Parker Shaunfield, what is the title?
- Never Give Up.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go Skydiving.
- Go to Lake Powell.
- See the Northern Lights.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office and The Following.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Perfecting my craft (Kicking or Construction) or playing golf.
If you could kick the game-winning FG at any NFL stadium, where would it be & why?
- AT&T Stadium because I have been a Cowboy’s fan since I was young.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Southern Miss football team?
- Individual: 1st Team All C-USA, Lou Groza Winner, and finish 90% on field goals with at least 20 attempts.
- Team: C-USA Championship, bowl game win, and come together on the field as a true brotherhood to play the best football we can.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Parker Shaunfield, what would they be?
- Consistent, Motivated, Hard Worker.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former NFL Scout feels the receiver with exceptionally long arms will be a star in the NFL | Devonta Smith Scouting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Ohio State Football: Who is The Next Great Quarterback at Ohio State? Film Analysis nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chandon Herring, OL, BYU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/chando… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/NH1gQPDjFZ
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Oscar Bradburn, P, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/oscar-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MTU7Dmp8V8
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tarik Black, WR, Texas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/tarik-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/F1OKr7bnzt
about 44 mins ago