2019 NFL Draft Diamonds Profile
Player: WR- James Gardner College: Miami of Ohio
Class of: 2019 Height: 6’4 Weight: 219 lbs
Projected 40: 4.59 Projected Draft Round: 5-7
News and Stats
Career Stats – 95 catches, 1794 yards & 17 TD’s
- 2017- 47 catches, 927 yards with 11 TD’s
9/9/17 vs Austin Peay- 5 catch, 117 yds 2 TD’s
9/30/17 @ Notre Dame 5 catch, 115 yds 2 TD’s
10/7/17 vs Bowling Green 5 catch 126 yds 1 TD
10/31/17 @ Ohio 10 catch, 166 yd’s and 3 TD’s for his best performance thus far.
- 2016- Played 11 games, starting 8, with 45 catches 750 yd’s, 6 TD’s, averaging 16.7 yds per catch with a long of 70 yd’s.
Also added 5 catches, 92 yds and 2 TD’s in the St Petersburg Bowl vs Miss State.
- 2015- As a freshman he only played in 7 games starting just 1. Had 3 catches for 72 yds 49 of them coming against Northern Illinois.
Awards and Achievements
- 2017- Wuerffel & Biletnikoff watch list
- 2017- All Mac first team
- 2016- All Mac third team
- *Career Highs in receptions (10) and yds (166) against ohio 10/31/17
- Had 3 TD game 3 times so far with a long of 70 yd TD against Western Kentucky 9/17/2016
Big physical X or number 1 WR.
That uses his athletic ability, long arms, big frame and large hands to make tough grabs. Whether it’s thrown in coverage or underthrown, Gardner has a knack for tracking the ball catching in traffic or even over the heads of defenders.
Special redzone big play wide out in the tone of Alshon Jeffery or Julio Jones. Will win 50/50 balls 80% of the time.
Only reason he isn’t a day 1 early day 2 consideration is because of his small school status. If he was coming out of Ohio State or LSU, he would be a top 50-100 guy all day.
Solid Senior year could move him up boards cause when a scout gets a look at him they will like what they see.
A 6’4 220 lbs WR that can run a sub 4.6 and catch everything thrown in his area code. Should attract some attention at the combine or pro day. Excited to see his final year. He has improved every year despite shaky QB play and QB injury issues.