- Charles Brooks III
- Saint Xavier University
What is your name?
- Charles “CC” Brooks III.
Where do you play College Football?
- SAINT XAVIER UNIVERSITY.
What position do you play?
- DEFENSIVE TACKLE, FULL BACK.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 255 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Markel Gardner, Graceland University (OL).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Moneybagg Yo, Skippa da Flippa, G herbo, and Lil Durk.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Take a knee in the end zone, saying my favorite prayer ( Joshua 1:9).
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model would have to be my grandfather the late Robert Gary. He was a true man of GOD who stood for anything of the righteous state of mind. He made sure everything was in tact, and also a big family man with a good sense of humor.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class would have to be Cultural Psychology while my least favorite being Chinese Literature.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Handing out bags of food for the community at my church in Robbins, just meeting new people through out my college experience.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite player growing up was Shaun Alexander when I was playing running back. Now a days it would have to be Aaron Donald. We have very much similar characteristics on the field. My favorite team is the Seattle Seahawks because my first game I ever watched was the super bowl they played the Pittsburgh Steelers.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Denzel Washington, Equalizer.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My late father, ( Charles Brooks, Jr ), Sean Taylor, and Aaron Donald.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali, he was a great activist who was well involved in the community.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman, he can figure out the blueprint to any situation.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing everything to the best of your ability, doing the small things that others will tend to complain about. Pushing yourself to your fullest potential to reach that elite level until the wheels falls off.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Organization is key.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Take advantage of all the after school tutoring, take advantage of all the prospect camps that’s available.
Why do you wear #92?
- I wear #92 because of my older brother. He was born in 1992 and he was the one who introduced me to the sport. I felt it was only right to show appreciation to him.
What is the best part of your hometown, Harvey, IL?
- A great family environment.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One but I grew up a PlayStation guy so it really doesn’t matter to me, Currently playing NBA 2k18.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My freshman year against Grand View, that was my breakout game for my college career, was named Homecoming MVP.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- For my loved ones to be taking care of, better guidance, Land an NFL opportunity.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can sing a little bit.
If there is a book being written about Charles Brooks III, what is the title?
- Grind and Pray.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- To own multiple sport franchises, Go To Dubai, make sure all my children go to college and graduate.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Law and Order: SVU.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- WORKING ON MY CRAFT TO BECOME A BETTER ATHLETE.
If you could sack one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- It would have to be Aaron Rodgers, one of the best in game right now.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Saint Xavier football team?
- Individual goals: Become an All Conference All American performer for the second time, work on my craft to better my game. Become a true leader and role model for my teammates.
- For me and my teammates, our goals will have to be just give it everything you got for each other and stay together.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Charles Brooks III, what would they be?