- Zach Olstad
- Winona State University
What is your name?
- Zach Olstad.
Where did you play College Football?
- Winona State University.
What position do you play?
- Fullback and anything on special teams.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11’’ 243lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, baseball, track and field, fast pitch softball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Zach Moore.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Not that picky, I like all types of music. Anything motivational/upbeat.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I always give my football necklace that has 40 engraved on it to my family the night before the game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My brother. He is a great man, ever since I can remember he has pushed me to be the best I can be and always has believed in me no matter what.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite Class: Health 328 Behavioral Interventions.
- Least Favorite: Statistics.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Lifelong friendships, and graduating Magna Cum Laude as a double major, double minor.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I liked the Minnesota Vikings, my Favorite NFL player of all time is Mike Alstott.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Mike Alstott, My great grandpa Clifford, Jason Aldean.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali. I admire his confidence, work ethic and will to win.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman, he can do it all and has no fear.
What is your definition of hard work?
- When you’re willing to make personal sacrifices to complete the job at a high level for the benefit of the team, or task at hand.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- No matter the challenge or obstacle, with consistency and determination you can make it through anything.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would have told myself to focus more on nutrition.
Why do you wear #40?
- Mike Alstott.
What is the best part of your hometown, Harmony, MN?
- Harmony is a rural farming community, I’ve had the opportunity to grow up on a farm and live a small town life which is a blessing.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron because I’ve only seen highlights of Jordan.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t have a Ps4 or an Xbox.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete at Winona State University?
- Being a captain and leading our WSU team to our first playoff season in over 10 years and ending with a record of 10-2.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Not at the moment, the last Netflix show I watched was stranger things.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Being back home on the farm or hunting.
You tore your labrum in 2015 & missed the entire season. Did that injury give you a better respect for the game? How did it make you better on & off the field?
- I learned a lot about myself and how much I love the game of football. I also learned to trust the process and that patience is a virtue. From a football stand point, I got to coach the Fullbacks and Tight Ends as a student assistant and got to experience the ins and outs of a coaches perspective as they prepared weekly which made me much more prepared and determined for the seasons ahead.
You were a Physical Education major with a minor in Coaching, what made you choose those subjects?
- I’ve always enjoyed health and wellness and I wanted to help others reach their health and wellness goals. Also, my dad and brother both have been head coaches and I have seen the impact they have had on high school student athletes and I wanted to do the same thing.
If you catch a TD from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I wouldn’t complain to catch a TD from any QB in the NFL. But, if I had to choose one I’d choose Tom Brady.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Zach Olstad, what would they be?
- Dedicated, Competitive, Team Oriented
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago