NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Troy Cook, QB, UT Martin
- Troy Cook
- The University of Tennessee at Martin
What is your name?
- Troy Cook.
Where do you play College Football?
- UT Martin.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes baseball and wrestling.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Ebenzer Ogundeko from TSU (DE).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, Nirvana.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My older brothers, they are both hard workers and great people to look up to.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Finance is my favorite, my least favorite is Accounting.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Playing golf with my teammates on the weekends.
Why do you wear #10?
- That’s what Tom Brady wore in college.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Colts and Peyton Manning. I loved watching him tear up defenses.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Indiana Jones, as Indiana Jones.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Spieth and LeBron James.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- George Washington because I found out I’m partly related to him.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Spider-Man because Toby Maguire was great in the Spider-Man movies.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is doing what other people don’t want to do to be great.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That life isn’t always fair and you have to keep pushing no matter what.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Start watching film now, it will help you play your best.
What is the best part of your hometown, Miami, FL?
- The beaches.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Golf with my buddies.
You were a Management major, what made you choose that subject?
- Ive always been interested in the business background and I thought it would be the best option for me.
You transferred from Florida State University to UT Martin. What was it about the Skyhawk program that made you choose to play there?
- The people in the town and on the team were very welcoming and made me feel at home.
If you could throw a TD to any NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Rob Gronkowski because he makes it easy for a QB to throw TDs.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete at UTM?
- Throwing the game winning touchdown vs Murray State my junior year.
If you could give the 32 NFL teams three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Troy Cook, what would they be?
- Smart, Tough, Hardworker.