Sleepers in the 2018 NFL Draft
When you think of sleepers from previous NFL Draft’s that eventually made a name for themselves in the NFL, you think of Richard Sherman, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, and Antonio Brown who are now the face of the NFL. Three sleeper prospects that come to mind in the 2018 NFL Draft are Nyheim Hines Running Back from North Carolina State, Kemoko Turay Defensive End from Rutgers and Braxton Berrios Wide Receiver from Miami. These NFL draft prospects can be a steal for one team during this weekend’s draft and can have a profound impact in the NFL.
- Nyheim Hines College: North Carolina State
- Position: Running Back Height: 5’ 8” Weight: 198 lbs.
- Strengths: Breakaway Speed, Toughness, Agility
- Weaknesses: Undersized, blocking, vision
Nyheim Hines is an explosive running back that can use his speed to make defenders look silly. Hines is an intriguing prospect because of his ability to play in the backfield and in the slot as a receiver. With that ability it allows offensive coordinators to use Hines in multiple formations and sets to get the most out of his skill set. Nyheim also has experience as a return man and was successful at it. The downside on Hines is he’s a smaller back and that durability issues can be a concern if not used the right way. Teams such as the Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Rams, and Arizona Cardinals who have an established running back one on their team can add a back like Nyheim Hines. His versatility will only upgrade an offense at the next level. Nyheim Hines can be a great change of pace back and a well rounded special team player in the NFL.
- Kemoko Turay College: Rutgers
- Position: Defensive End Height: 6’ 5” Weight: 253 lbs.
- Strengths: Lateral quickness, effort, plays with a high motor
- Weaknesses: Flexibility, pass rush moves, shoulder injuries
Kemoko Turay is a long rangy defensive end that plays through the whistle. Turay ran an impressive 4.65 40-yard dash at 6’ 5” and 253 lbs. Along with his speed, his lateral quickness and ability to close in on ball carriers is what makes Turay a unique prospect. Kemoko Turay had two shoulder injuries in his sophomore and junior year season’s so that hindered his development as a pass rusher over the past few years. Turay is a raw prospect and still needs work to become a dominant defensive end in the NFL. What scouts rave about him is, his effort to not give up on plays. Turay has a motor like no other and will run from sideline to sideline to find the ball. He put that on display during the 2018 Reese’s Senior Bowl and left a lasting impression on NFL scouts. Pass rushing needy teams will be taking a hard look at Kemoko Turay come tomorrow’s NFL Draft.
- Braxton Berrios College: Miami
- Position: Wide Receiver Height: 5’ 9” Weight: 184 lbs.
- Strengths: Route running, hands, quickness
- Weaknesses: Size, durability concern
Braxton Berrios is a sure-handed pass catcher from the University of Miami. Berrios is a true slot wide receiver and will do whatever it takes to keep the chains moving. Braxton is fearless and is willing to go across the middle in traffic to make a play with no hesitation. He’s a smart player who knows how to work in short spaces while protecting his body. The size is something that will concern teams due to the hits he will take at the next level. Braxton Berrios reminds me of a Julian Edelman or Ryan Switzer. An undersized wide receiver but has the ability to make tough catches. Berrios also has experience as a return man and that can play in his favor to make an NFL roster come this fall. Don’t let his size fool you because his route running ability speaks for itself. Just put his tape on and you will see how crisp his routes are. NFL coaches will just fall in love with his competitive fire.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tevin Singleton, CB, Bowie State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colin Kaepernick calls Law Enforcement “White Supremacist Institution” and wants to abolish Police… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba…
about 1 hour ago