- Sean Kelley Jr.
- Tabor College
- Twitter: @Kellsiswell03
What is your name?
- Sean Kelley Jr.
Where did you play College Football?
- Spent two years in Junior college one at College of the Desert and my second at The Mt. San Antonio College, shoutout my Sac Dawgz. Then transferred to Tabor college.
What position do you play?
- I play Defensive Back.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11″ 195lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball all my life up until freshman year where I encountered my first Friday night under the lights.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- I’ve faced a lot of elite guys over the years especially my time spent at Mt. Sac but the toughest I’ve competed against has to be myself each and everyday.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- My music is going to depend on my mood and mentality of that time, anything I listen to beforehand will influence what I’m trying to do. If I can catch a vibe with it I’ll let it ride.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t really have any superstitions because my faith in God always carries me and with that I have nothing to be afraid of. I do however have to make sure the sauce is all there meaning what I’m going to suit up in.
Who is your role model & why?
- Growing up I looked towards my Father as my number one role model but when he exited my life I turned to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for any troubles or questions.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My least favorite class in college had to be most of them haha, since I never enjoyed school but it’s got to be done. My favorite class may have been my psychology class my freshman year or my class with my Head Coach, Mike Gardner where he teaches us the game of football.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Outside of football my favorite experience in college has been the opportunity to meet so many beautiful people and build bonds with them that can last.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I remember loving to watch the Steelers and Ravens, guys like Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed enticed me. I would say I’m more of a player kind of guy though I’ve got so many players I could name. Being from Detroit, Michigan I always have to rock with my Lions.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could be any character in any movie I would probably have to say Denzel Washington in Training Day, Leonidas in 300, or Mitch in Paid in Full.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- If I could eat with three people dead or alive I would say Jesus, Floyd Mayweather, and Charles Woodson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- If I could meet any Historical figure I would want to meet Jesus hands down.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Favorite superhero that’s one I’m not so sure of but I’ll go with Wolverine or the Hulk. Both of them are regular guys at first glance but can turn into beasts in an instant, that’s how I like to think of myself.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- Awh man, you can’t necessarily choose between Jordan and LeBron. If we’re talking numbers LeBron should surpass Jordan and Bronie is more of my time so I’ll rock with Bron.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of Hard Work is what your doing when no one is looking and how much your willing to sacrifice in order to accomplish why you are putting in that hard work or like Floyd says all work is what? Easy work…
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Most unexpected lesson I’ve learned in college is how much I have really learned about myself and what kind of man I am.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- If I could go back and tell my freshman self anything it would be “take football seriously and win everyday somehow, starting NOW, people are out working you so get after it and do not let any time go to waste because you will never get that back!”
Why do you wear #1?
- I wore number 1 because at times I felt like I was the only one that believed in my ability to excel also that number comes with a lot of weight and pressure and I love that.
What is the best part of your hometown, Greenwood, IN?
- The best part of Greenwood, Indiana would have to be that my mother and her husband live there still and I’m fortunate enough to be able to go home and get a good home cooked meal.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I’ve never been much of a Netflix or Hulu person but recently I’ve been on the Netflix movies since they stepped up their game a little bit.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- If I had one free hour each day I would look to try and eat some great food.
If you could intercept a pass from one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Awh that’s easy I want the GOAT Tom Brady and I want to slide right past him and high step in the zone like Deion. I want Brady because he’s the greatest in my eyes.
What has been your proudest moment as an athlete?
- My proudest moment as an athlete has stemmed from my success on the field, my younger guys coming up in the program believe in what I say to them when I try and help them out about a technique or issue they are having on the field. Being able to help someone younger is a beautiful thing to me because I never had that coming up and I think if you do, it can help tremendously.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Sean Kelley Jr., what would they be?
- Exciting, unselfish, competitive.