- Osman Aguilera
- Florida A&M University
- Twitter: @ozz_63
What is your name?
- Osman Aguilera.
Where do you play College Football?
- Florida A&M University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4”/315 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I actually grew up playing soccer, but once I realized that I wasn’t meant to run long distances. Instead I was meant to push people out the way, I joined the game of football in the 7th grade. It has been the only sport I played since then.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- The toughest player I played against, was my sophomore year, his name was Javon Hargrave (DT South Carolina State 2012-2015; 3rd Round 89th Overall). He is the current starting defensive tackle of the Pittsburg Steelers.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I usually listen to Hip-Hop music. Artist such as Meek Mills, Rick Ross, Future, and Kodak Black.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Besides following my same routine, I don’t have any superstitions before a game. I always put on knee braces first, then stretch and roll out, finally tape up and read my scouting report one last time.
Who is your role model & why?
- My biggest role model would have to be my father. The reason being he has sacrificed so much in his life just to provide for my mother and me. It was his hard work and dedication that led to my current work ethic. So I never see no task that is too big for me.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class in college has been Reinforced Concrete Design and least favorite was Soil Mechanics and Foundations.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience has probably been volunteering for Big Bend Habitat where we helped constructing homes for low income families.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL Team growing up was definitely my home team the Miami Dolphins. Growing up in Miami is what led me to chose them as my favorite team. However, my favorite player was Jeff Saturday because him and I had the same jersey number and played the same position. Also, he inspired me by showing me that you don’t have to be the biggest nor the strongest to be the best at your position.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- It would be any Marvel movie and I’ll like to play the Hulk.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- It would have to be Jeff Saturday, Dan Marino, and Jackie Robinson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- I would choose to meet Muhammad Ali because I always liked how he approached his competition. He feared no one and was always extremely confident. Losing was not in his vocabulary and I would just like talk to him about what directed him being the way he was.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Hulk because I was usually the biggest kid growing up and I always wanted to have the super strength he had.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is always leading by actions, not words. Anyone can talk about who they are but people will always judge you by the things you do. Being early to meetings, knowledgeable of the playbook, competing on the field, and going the extra mile to become better is my definition of hard work.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The biggest unexpected lesson would probably have to be that networking with the people coming in and out college will take you much farther than people think.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell myself to not take a work day for granted. As a freshman, workouts can seem as a drag since you are not the strongest nor fastest. So I would tell myself to stay patient and continue to grind every single day.
Why do you wear #63?
- I usually just tell people I wear #63 because Jeff Saturday was my favorite player. However there’s a lot more to #63. As a linemen, you’re only allowed to wear numbers between 50-79. Also, growing up I was an only child besides my two cousins who I consider my brothers. Which leads me to a sensitive subject but its something that motivates me everyday. My mother became pregnant with my first little brother or sister, but unfortunately on 3 different occasions they couldn’t produce a heart and mother had 3 miscarriages. So the number 63 represent my 3 brothers or sisters who couldn’t be in this world.
What is the best part of your hometown, Miami, FL?
- The best part of Miami was probably the level competition of football all over the county. Throughout my high school tenure I have played against some current great players such as Amari Cooper, Dalvin Cook, and Artie Burns. Seeing them prosper in the NFL is what makes Miami flourish as a breeding ground for NFL talent and I hope to be apart of that statistic.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Currently I’m not watching much television. I have been too busy with school, work, and training.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would probably choose to spend it on watching football. People always tell me don’t you get tired of playing and watching football, I always say it’s a lifestyle.
If you could pancake block one NFL D-Lineman, past or present, who would it be & why?
- It would have been Vince Wilfork because I watched him playing growing up at the University of Miami then the NFL and I was always amazed how such a huge man can move so well. So it would be quite an accomplishment to pancake him.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Osman Aguilera, what would they be?
- Accountable, Physical, and Determined
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Praying for you! twitter.com/co_pilot27/sta…
about 36 mins ago
- Damn that is crazy the person in the water is a cold killer though, they didn't even flinch or move. And the guy d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Alabama Spring Game 2021 | Bryce Young Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/alabam… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/T7u5aPbQUI
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jordon Scott, DT, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jordon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago