- Kenric Young Jr.
- University of Utah
What is your name?
- Kenric Young Jr.
Where did you play College Football?
- The University of Utah.
What position do you play?
- Played WR first 3 years, then CB my last year.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I was a track star in High School. I ran the 100 (10.64), 200 (20.81) & 400 (47.67).
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- My teammates Casey Hughes (Michigan next year) & Domonique Hatfield (LA Rams 2017 UDFA).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Moneybagg Yo, Kodak Black, NBA Youngboy, Mexico (Sauce Music).
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Just made sure I prayed in the end zone after we ran out right before kickoff.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is one of my role models because of all the hard work she did to get me to this point in my life & sacrifices & my uncle Gerard Warren for giving my life lessons about football & guiding me with football.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Trio math because I like numbers & my least favorite is Quantitative research.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Favorite experience would be hanging out with my teammates & bonding.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Falcons & Mike Vick, other than Vick it was my uncle Gerard Warren.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Next Friday, I would play Dae Dae (Mike Epps).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Denzel Washington, Tupac, Martin Luther King Jr.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- MLK to talk about his movement & how this world can get to a better place with equality.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Wolverine because of his attitude & he takes what he wants.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is outworking the next person & going out to get better no matter who is watching.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Trusting the process is the most unexpected lesson I learned.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I wish I could tell myself to shut my mouth & that everybody isn’t your friend.
Why do you wear #24?
- I wore #24 because it was the lowest number available at the time when I got to Utah.
What is the best part of your hometown, Gainesville, FL?
- The best part of Gainesville is the University of Florida, it’s a college town.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron all day.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4. Madden, 2K & Call of Duty
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Beating USC at home twice & the crowd storming the field.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- On Netflix, I’m watching Surviving Escobar.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would work on my craft on the field.
You were a Communication major, what made you pursue that subject?
- I like to write & I would like to be a reporter or analyst after football is done.
If you could intercept one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady. He is the best QB to me & it would be a big accomplishment.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Kenric Young, what would they be?
- Smart, Relentless, Hardworker.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 49 mins ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- ICYMI:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Dc7Xo5tOsS
about 2 hours ago